These No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars have a creamy strawberry cashew butter base, topped with dark chocolate and a strawberry drizzle. You only need seven ingredients to make these irresistible gluten-free, paleo and vegan cashew butter bars.
If you followed me back in the beginning of 2017, you saw me through a major homemade nut butter obsession. Don’t get me wrong – the obsession certainly continues to this day, but I’m not going through jars quite as quickly as I was early last year.
With the obsession strong, I was churning out all sorts of deliciously flavored jars of nut butter almost every week. Among the highlights were the Banana Nut Butter with Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter, and of course…the all-time great 🙌 STRAWBERRY CASHEW BUTTER!
I still remember the moment I came up with the idea for it, and I made it so quickly after the idea came to fruition because I KNEW it was gonna be good. And I was right – it’s smooth, creamy, deliciously strawberry-flavored perfection, made with just three ingredients. All of my readers who have made it have come back telling me they loved it – it doesn’t last more than a week in most houses.
So, it was about time I came up with a dessert that encompasses those same irresistible flavors and evokes those same feelings of total bliss – it had to be creamy, naturally sweetened, full of flavor, and of course…pink 💕. Luckily, these No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars certainly do the trick!
Even better? You only need seven ingredients to make them, beautiful pink drizzle and all :) but of course, the pink drizzle isn’t entirely necessary – so you can keep it even simpler with just six ingredients. Of course, all of them are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan too.
Let’s make No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars!
Of course, the base of the bars is cashew butter. You can use raw or roasted – I used roasted here and love the additional flavor of the roasted cashews, but raw has a certain butteriness that’s absolutely delicious, and the bars will be a more beautiful color of pink if you use raw cashew butter, because of it’s lighter color.
I used pure maple syrup to sweeten the bars – honey can also be used if you prefer (but remember, honey isn’t vegan!). Coconut flour is added to help absorb excess oils and moisture, along with some coconut oil which helps the bars firm up and keep their shape when they’re cool.
For the strawberry flavor and that beautiful pink color, we use one of my favorite ingredients: freeze dried strawberries! A whole cup of them are crushed into powder and mixed into the cashew butter mixture. The mixture is spread into a pan and placed in the fridge to cool, so we can prep the chocolate and strawberry drizzle toppings.
The chocolate is simply dark chocolate melted with some cashew butter, which helps keep the chocolate from becoming too firm. It’s spread on top of the bars and then drizzled with the strawberry drizzle, which is simply a mixture of coconut butter and freeze-dried strawberry powder. Yum!
Once they’re ready to devour and you sink your teeth into one of the No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars, you won’t be able to put it down! The creamy, strawberry filling paired with the dark chocolate is a match made in heaven and will make your taste buds dance ✨ grab your ingredients and whip up a batch! Enjoy :)
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars
For the chocolate topping
- 4 oz. dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy cashew butter or whatever nut butter you're using
For the strawberry drizzle
- ¼ cup coconut butter melted
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder from about 2-3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
- Line a 8x8” pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, crushed freeze dried strawberry powder, and coconut oil. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Combine the dark chocolate and cashew butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It took 1 minute in my microwave. Pour the chocolate over the cashew butter base and spread to cover the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut butter and freeze dried strawberry powder. Pour into a small zip bag or piping bag, and while the chocolate is still warm, drizzle the coconut strawberry butter over the chocolate. I did lines back and forth across the bars, and then ran a toothpick through the lines perpendicularly. Place back in the fridge.
- Let firm up for at least two hours before cutting into 16 bars and serving. To cut cleanly through the chocolate, I recommend using a warm knife (I like to run it under very hot water to warm it up, and then dry before cutting). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, tightly sealed.
You can also get freeze-dried strawberry powder from Nuts.com, which is what I used here. It is not paleo though, because it uses rice hulls to keep the powder dry.