No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars
These No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars have a creamy strawberry cashew butter base, topped with dark chocolate and a strawberry drizzle. You only need seven ingredients to make these irresistible gluten-free and vegan cashew butter bars.
If you followed me back in the beginning of 2017, you saw me through a major homemade nut butter obsession. Don’t get me wrong – the obsession certainly continues to this day, but I’m not going through jars quite as quickly as I was early last year.
With the obsession strong, I was churning out all sorts of deliciously flavored jars of nut butter almost every week. Among the highlights were the Banana Nut Butter with Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter, and of course…the all-time great 🙌 STRAWBERRY CASHEW BUTTER!
I still remember the moment I came up with the idea for the strawberry cashew butter! I made it so quickly after the idea came to fruition because I KNEW it was going to be good. That was a correct assumption – the recipe turned out to be smooth, creamy, deliciously strawberry-flavored perfection, with just three ingredients. All of my readers who have made it have come back telling me they loved it. It doesn’t last more than a week in most houses.
So, it was time to come up with a dessert that encompasses those same irresistible flavors and evokes the same feelings of total bliss. The recipe had to be creamy, naturally sweetened, full of flavor, and of course…pink 💕. Luckily, these No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars certainly do the trick!
Even better? You only need seven ingredients to make them, beautiful pink drizzle and all :) but of course, the pink drizzle isn’t entirely necessary – so you can keep it even simpler with just six ingredients. Of course, all of them are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan too.
Let’s make No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars!
Of course, the base of the bars is cashew butter. You can use raw or roasted – I used roasted here and love the additional flavor of the roasted cashews, but raw has a certain butteriness that’s absolutely delicious, and the bars will be a more beautiful color of pink if you use raw cashew butter, because of it’s lighter color.
Pure maple syrup sweetens the bars. Honey can also be used if you prefer (but remember, honey isn’t vegan!). We add coconut flour to help absorb excess oils and moisture, along with some coconut oil. The coconut oil helps the bars firm up and keep their shape when they’re cool.
For the strawberry flavor and that beautiful pink color, we use one of my favorite ingredients: freeze-dried strawberries! A whole cup are crushed into powder and mixed into the cashew butter mixture. The mixture is spread into a pan and placed in the fridge to cool, so we can prep the chocolate and strawberry drizzle toppings.
We melt the dark chocolate with some cashew butter, which keeps the chocolate from becoming too firm. We spread it on top of the bars and then drizzle it all with the strawberry drizzle. The strawberry drizzle is a mixture of coconut butter and freeze-dried strawberry powder. Yum!
Once they’re ready to devour and you sink your teeth into one of the No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars, you won’t be able to put it down! The creamy, strawberry filling pairs with the dark chocolate for a match made in heaven. It will make your taste buds dance ✨ grab your ingredients and whip up a batch! Enjoy :)
You also may love…
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
These No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars are easy to make with just five ingredients and no baking necessary! You’ve got to sink your teeth into these rich gluten-free, paleo, and vegan bars.
Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Crispy Bars
These Chocolate Almond Butter Crispy Bars are crunchy, rich, and absolutely delicious! There is no baking necessary so they’re super quick and simple to make with only 7 ingredients.
Gluten-Free Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
These Easy Peanut Butter Cornflakes Bars are naturally gluten-free, vegan, and absolutely irresistible. They’re quick and simple to make and can be made using your favorite nut or seed butter if you need a peanut-free or nut-free option.
These No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars have a creamy strawberry cashew butter base, topped with dark chocolate and a strawberry drizzle. You only need seven ingredients to make these irresistible gluten-free and vegan cashew butter bars.
- 1½ cups (384g) creamy cashew butter, can also use almond butter, but the flavor is more pronounced
- ¼ cup maple syrup, you can also use honey
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed into powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate topping
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy cashew butter, or whatever nut butter you’re using
For the strawberry drizzle
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder, from about 2–3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
- Line a 8×8” pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, crushed freeze-dried strawberry powder, and coconut oil. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Combine the dark chocolate and cashew butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It took 1 minute in my microwave. Pour the chocolate over the cashew butter base and spread to cover the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut butter and freeze-dried strawberry powder. Pour into a small zip bag or piping bag, and while the chocolate is still warm, drizzle the coconut strawberry butter over the chocolate. I did lines back and forth across the bars, and then ran a toothpick through the lines perpendicularly. Place back in the fridge.
- Let firm up for at least two hours before cutting into 16 bars and serving. To cut cleanly through the chocolate, I recommend using a warm knife (I like to run it under very hot water to warm it up, and then dry it before cutting). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, tightly sealed.
You can also get freeze-dried strawberry powder from Nuts.com, which is what I used here. It is not paleo though, because it uses rice hulls to keep the powder dry.
Keywords: cashew butter, strawberry, no bake, vegan, gluten-free, bars