These No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars are easy to make with just five ingredients and no baking necessary! You’ve got to sink your teeth into these rich gluten-free, paleo and vegan bars.
Have you ever had those super thick, Reese’s-like peanut butter bars, with a thin layer of chocolate on top? They are super-rich and SUPER chocolatey, with loads of peanut butter. Exactly what I’ve always dreamed of Reese’s being.
This type of bar is typically made with butter, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs…usually powdered sugar too. Definitely not health food, but holy cow. They’re so good. I used to make them all the time back in high school, always to rave reviews and big smiley faces.
They couldn’t be simpler to make either, especially considering there is NO baking required, which makes it perfect for the summer months when we can’t bear to even look towards the oven. Just a few simple steps and a brief stint in the fridge to stint and these bars will be ready to be devoured.
Only five ingredients are necessary for these Chocolate Almond Butter Bars!
Obviously, the first and most important is almond butter. I like creamy, but if you want crunchy bits, go ahead with crunchy. I’ll also note that most kinds of nut butter would work here – use peanut butter for something more like the classic, or even go for pecan butter or cashew butter. Just make sure whatever you’re using is 100% nuts – no weird additives or sweeteners please.
I used maple syrup to sweeten, but honey or agave would also do the trick if you prefer the flavor of one to the others. We use coconut oil to hold the bars together. For flavor, I like using refined coconut oil here. Refined coconut oil doesn’t have any coconut flavor, so it lets the almond butter flavor really shine.
Coconut flour is also in the base – it helps gives the bars that Reese’s-like texture that graham cracker crumbs replicate in the original recipe and gives the bars a nice bite. On top of the base is chocolate, of course. We melt the chocolate with a little more almond butter. This helps the chocolate stay soft even after cooled.
You can prep these No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars within ten minutes, and have them ready to devour in a few hours after they’ve chilled. You won’t be able to resist these. No one can believe they’re gluten-free, paleo, refined sugar-free, dairy-free AND vegan. Enjoy! :)
If you can’t get enough of chocolate and almond butter, I’ve got you covered…
- Spread chocolate almond butter all over everything with this Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter!
- You only need FIVE ingredients to make these Flourless Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies.
- Chocolate and almond butter for breakfast?! Yes please – try this Almond Chocolate Coconut Smoothie Bowl.
- These super easy Paleo and vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies will become a staple in your house.
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
These No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars are easy to make with just five ingredients and no baking necessary! You’ve got to sink your teeth into these rich gluten free, paleo and vegan bars.
- Line a 8×8” pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, coconut oil and salt. Press evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge.
- Combine the dark chocolate and almond butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It took 1 minute in my microwave. Pour the chocolate over the almond butter base and spread to cover the top. Place back in the fridge.
- Let firm up for at least two hours before cutting into 16 bars and serving. Keep cool or they’ll get melty since they have a coconut oil base.
- Store tightly sealed in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert