This No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Tart tastes like a giant almond butter cup! There’s no baking required and it’s gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. You’ll adore this melt in your mouth tart.
As a dessert blogger who doesn’t like cardio and wants to avoid being 300 pounds, I tend to have pretty good self control around the desserts that are constantly staring back at me everytime I open up my fridge or freezer.
These No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Tarts though? I’ve been sneaking a bite (or three) every dang time I open up the fridge and see their shiny chocolate tops laden with flaky sea salt over that almond butter goodness…I swear, they call out to me.
In fact, I may or may not have gone to grab a bite of one of them while I’m writing this…I couldn’t help myself 🙈😋 and luckily, despite their incredible deliciousness, they’re SUPER easy to make so as soon as they’re gone, I can make myself more. SWOON.
Now, let’s talk about why they’re so dang irresistible. Starting with the chocolate no-bake crust! It’s made with almond flour and uses cocoa powder for that chocolatey flavor. Coconut oil and maple syrup hold it together with a touch of kosher salt. It’s all just stirred together and pressed into your pan, and that’s all.
I used three 4.75″ tart pans, but you could certainly just make one large 9″ tart instead, or if you don’t have a tart pan, it can be pressed into a square pan. OR if you wanna go extra mini, do it in a mini muffin tin or muffin pan! You’ve got options, friends.
The filling is simple, but oh so good. It reminds me of Reese’s filling, but with almond butter, obviously. We’ve got almond butter, a little maple syrup for sweetness, coconut oil to help it firm up, a little kosher salt, and coconut flour for a smoother, firmer texture. This goodness seriously meltssss in your mouth.
If almond butter isn’t your jam, make these into giant Reese’s cups by using peanut butter instead! Or go the cashew butter route for some super smooth, buttery deliciousness. Any nut butter would work here, so go crazy and be creative :) I’ll definitely be making some new flavors combos of this one.
On top, we’ve got some melted chocolate. It’s melted with a little bit of almond butter, which helps keep the chocolate soft and more ganache-like when it’s chilled. To top it all off, can’t forget the flaky sea salt. The crunchy flakes are the perfect complement to the richness of the tart.
In short, this is a melt-in-your-mouth, candy-like, ULTRA delicious No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Tart that is perfect to serve to guests or to keep in your fridge for whenever your sweet tooth hits. I hope you’ll give this gluten-free, paleo + vegan treat a try!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Tart
For the crust
For the filling
- Lightly grease three 4.75” tart pans or one 9” tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tart pan(s); set aside or place in the fridge while making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, coconut oil, and kosher salt.
- Pour the filling into the prepared tart crust or crusts and spread to even out. Place in the refrigerator to set before topping with the chocolate.
- Once the filling is set, melt the chocolate and almond butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir, and then microwave in 15 second increments until it’s completely melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the almond butter filling and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Keep tarts stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator or freezer.