London Fog Tea Latte
It’s warm cozy drink season, and when I’m not in the mood for coffee, this dairy-free London Fog Tea Latte is one of my top favorites to sip on! Made with your favorite milk, Earl Grey tea, vanilla, and maple syrup, it’s a simple and sweet vegan drink that will warm you right up.
What’s your favorite warm drink for the winter? I’m a coffee girl, and I love making homemade coffee lattes. My favorites are always with my homemade coffee syrups, like pumpkin spice syrup and gingerbread syrup. I’ve gone through many phases of being off coffee though. During those phases, I drank my fair share of tea lattes, like my favorite chai latte and this London fog tea latte!
Oh, the memories this drink brings back! I drank it all the time in college. At my college coffee shop in the Pacific Northwest, we called it a Duke of Earl. However, it’s more commonly known as a London Fog Latte. It is absolutely perfect on chilly days when you need something warm and cozy to warm you up. With the flavors of vanilla and maple syrup, this latte is the epitome of cozy.
How to make a London Fog Latte
To make a homemade London fog latte, you only need four ingredients:
- Earl Grey Tea
- Dairy-Free Milk of Choice
- Maple Syrup or another favorite sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
This easy-to-make tea latte is made with earl grey tea, one of my favorite types. It’s rich and earthy, with a strong black tea flavor.
To make it, we make a strong brew of the tea. You can do this right in the cup, or if you’re using loose leaf tea, you can make it in a French press. While it brews, froth your favorite dairy-free milk with maple syrup for sweetness and vanilla extract. Pour the frothed milk over your tea, and that’s it! That’s all you need to make this delicious, dairy-free tea latte.
How many people does this recipe serve?
This recipe makes one latte. However, it can easily be scaled up to serve as many people as you’d like it to!
Want more delicious drinks?
Vegan Chai Latte (& Chai Spice Mix)
This spicy homemade Vegan Chai Latte is made with almond milk and sweetened naturally with maple syrup. The homemade chai spice mix is full of ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, and other warm spices. It’s the perfect drink for chillier days.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Make your own Healthy Pumpkin Spice Syrup, perfect for making your own vegan pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin chai lattes, or for drizzling on top of pancakes! It’s dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
It’s warm cozy drink season, and when I’m not in the mood for coffee, this London Fog Tea Latte is one of my top favorites to sip on! Made with your favorite milk, Earl Grey tea, vanilla, and maple syrup, it’s a simple and sweet drink that will warm you right up.
- 8 oz. dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon organic Earl Grey tea, brewed in 1 cup of hot water. Add more depending on how strong you like your tea – you want it dark and strong for this recipe since it will be diluted with milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, to taste, I like about 1 tablespoon
- Brew tea to your desired strength. You want it rather dark and strong since you’ll be diluting the tea with dairy-free milk. Fill half your mug with the tea.
- Heat milk in a milk frother or the microwave. Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, and either blend in a blender or combine in the milk frother until completely blended and frothy.
- Pour over the tea and garnish as desired! I kept it simple with a bit of dairy-free whipped cream.
You can use any kind of sweetener you like for this hot chocolate, but I love the maple syrup for it’s warm, delicious flavor! Honey or any kind of granulated sugar will also work.