- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not rolled oats!)
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together quick cooking oats and crispy rice cereal. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl or Pyrex measuring cup, stir together butter, honey and brown sugar. Microwave until it starts boiling (about 2 minutes with my low-wattage microwave, could be sooner for you). Once it begins to boil, let boil for 1 more minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour hot honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into a lightly greased 8×8 pan and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours or in the refrigerator for a half hour or until set. Cut into 10 bars and store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or in a Tupperware.
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest
Keywords: rice krispies, granola bars, oats, bars, chocolate chip, chewy, peanut butter, snack