These No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are rich, decadent, and so delicious, with a crispy almond butter layer topped with dark chocolate. The crisp comes from crispy brown rice cereal! You’d never guess these almond butter cups were gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, and made with just six simple ingredients.
Happy Monday, my friends! It’s really feeling like Spring around here in San Diego – are you feeling the same wherever you live? All my many, many plants are really perking up and seem very happy with these extra long and sunny days!
I feel myself perking up from the extra sunshine as well and even got my first tanline of the year while walking Hank the other day! Guess that means it’s time to load up on the extra sunscreen too 😬
I got some not-so-great news on Friday, so I spent the weekend up in North County with my dad on Saturday and went to a nursery (my fave!) to cheer myself up and keep myself distracted. We spent the day repotting all of his plants and making his little patio look gorgeous! Making all the green plant babies come alive is one of my favorite parts of spring.
Now I’m back home with a little baby dog resting peacefully on the couch and just one of these Crispy Chocolate Almond Butter Cups beckoning to me from the fridge. I swear it’s calling my name, you guys.
Let’s talk CRISPY CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER CUPS!
Thank goodness the rest are OUT of my house, otherwise, I’d be eating (at least) one right now and saving another one for later. I shared some with my friend Kevin, and the rest went to work with my dad where they were reportedly gone before 9 a.m. They’re too dang good to resist, so I don’t blame the folks eating them for breakfast.
They’re super simple too, which I’m all about and I know you guys are all about the simple life too. The quicker and fewer ingredients, the better – right?! So you’ll be super happy to know you’ll just need SIX ingredients and about 10-15 minutes MAX to whip these up (with a little bit of chill time in the middle there, but I promise they’re quick).
The base of these is, of course, almond butter! But, you can use any kind of nut butter you like here. Peanut butter would obviously be delicious, and you can swap in pumpkin seed butter, sunflower seed butter, or even tahini for a nut-free treat.
They’re sweetened with a little bit of maple syrup, and coconut butter and coconut oil are added to help the cups firm up nicely. If you’re not into coconut flavor, use refined coconut oil, which is flavorless. Then, of course, you’ve got to add the brown rice crispies! They add a nice crunchy bite and a little lightness.
Dark chocolate is spread on top and then garnished with more crispy cereal and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt if you’re into that like I am. In all, they come together quickly with simple ingredients and are too delicious for WORDS. I hope you’ll give this quick and easy recipe a go, and enjoy them as much as I do!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!Print
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. Set aside for now.
- In a microwave proof bowl or small saucepan, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut butter, and coconut oil. If microwaving, heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the coconut oil and coconut butter are melted and it’s completely smooth. If using a saucepan, heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the coconut oil and butter are melted and smooth.
- Once the liquid ingredients are smooth, stir in the crispy brown rice cereal. Divide the mixture between the 12 liners, for me each was about 1/3 full.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to firm up for about 10-30 minutes (use the freezer if you’re impatient like me!).
- Once it’s firm, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave (using 30 seconds increments) or over the stove.
- Cover each almond butter cup with melted chocolate and garnish with addition brown rice cereal, if desired. I added a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top, too!
- Return to the fridge or freezer to firm up completely.
- Keep stored in the fridge or freezer – they’ll soften and melt at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 13
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4