- ¾ cup (96g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid)
For the filling
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter (you can substitute with any creamy nut butter you’d like)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
For the ganache
- 3 oz. dark chocolate (chopped finely (make sure it’s dairy-free to keep 100% vegan))
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup pecans (toasted)
- Flaky sea salt (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 14×5” tart pan (what I used), 9” tart pan, or 8×8” square pan with coconut oil (I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper as well if your pan doesn’t have a removable bottom).
- Combine coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until fully combined and a smooth dough forms, pressing out any clumps of coconut oil.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Dock the dough (press indentations into the dough with a fork) to prevent it from puffing up and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the dough looks dry and baked through. Let cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup toasted pecans on the evenly on the cooled crust.
- Make the caramel filling by mixing the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, or until the coconut oil is melted. Whisk until smooth. Let the mixture cool slightly, and then pour over the pecans in the crust. Shake to even it out and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until the caramel filling is firm.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl or large measuring cup. Place the coconut milk in a separate bowl or cup and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, until steaming hot. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate, making sure all the chocolate is submerged and let it sit for a minute. Whisk until smooth, and then spread over the caramel layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with the toasted pecans and flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator.