These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups are an easy way to satisfy your cookie dough craving in a healthy + delicious way! These easy, no-bake cups are gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan.
Do you remember that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Nut Butter I posted a few weeks ago? I couldn’t stop sneaking spoonfuls of it, and with each spoonful, I would imagine a delicious new way to use it, besides just on a spoon.
With one bite, these chocolate chip cookie dough cups popped into my head. I was imagining thick cookie dough cups with a high ratio of cookie dough to chocolate.
No skimping on the cookie dough filling with these ones – the vision in my head said they had to be full, with a drippy + gooey texture, and little crunchy bits of chocolate.
Of course, with that vision in my head, I immediately got to work recreating the deliciousness that I was imagining. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did a pretty darn good job. 😉
For the chocolate coating, I used my go-to homemade chocolate recipe that also serves as the chocolate in most of my other chocolate cups…like these peanut butter cups, these strawberry cups, and these amaaazing peanut butter caramel cups 😍
It’s so simple – just a combination of coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Because coconut oil melts at a warm room temperature, the chocolate melts as soon as it hits your mouth so these are literally melt-in-your-mouth good.
When chilled though, the chocolate provides a nice crunch when you bite into it, before melting into goodness on your tongue.
Of course, that filling is the best part. The base is made from cashew butter – you could also use almond butter, but I think cashew tastes more cookie-dough like. You could also use a combo, if you please.
Almond flour and coconut sugar are stirred into that, which each add a bit of that signature graininess that cookie dough has gotta have. For a rich buttery flavor, melted ghee joins the party, along with some vanilla extract because you can’t make cookies without it.
Rounding it out, you’ve got your choice of chocolates to mix-in. I opted for cacao nibs, but you can keep it more classic with mini chocolate chips too. The cups come together so quickly, and once they’re chilled you can be devouring in no time.
Cracking through that outer chocolate shell and getting a mouthful of delicious cookie dough nut butter filling is pure heaven – melty, gooey, flavorful, and totally satisfying.
And since they’re Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free, you don’t need to feel guilty about indulging in your dessert. These chocolate chip cookie dough cups are so rich, you just need one or two to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy! :)
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- Line a mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners. Alternatively, you can also use a peanut butter cup mold, which is what I used.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Taste it, and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each liner or mold cavity, until the bottom is thinly covered. Don't use more than half the chocolate mixture for this. Place the liners in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
- While the chocolate hardens, stir together the cashew butter, almond flour, coconut sugar, ghee, and vanilla extract.
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate is hard, place about 1 teaspoon of the cookie dough mixture over the chocolate. Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the coconut butter to cover it completely (if at any point the remaining chocolate gets too thick, warm it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to remelt). Repeat until all are covered. Garnish with chocolate chips if desired. Return to the refrigerator to harden completely.
- Store at cool room temperature, or in the refrigerator if it's warm in your house.