Caramel Filled Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
These Caramel Filled Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins are loaded with caramel filled DelightFulls in moist, chocolatey banana bread muffins! These caramel center makes this easy, one-bowl recipe even more delicious.
These muffins aren’t really the kind of muffin that you enjoy as a healthy breakfast. This is more of a decadent dessert muffin, or the perfect Sunday morning brunch indulgence. And oh my goodness, is it indulgent.
Despite all the sweet, delicious flavors going on here, one special ingredient stands out: the chocolate chips, but mostly because these are not any ordinary chocolate chips. These chocolate chips are filled with caramel. Seriously, each little chip has gooey caramel inside of it. These beauties are the product of Nestle Toll House, and the DelightFulls come in four flavors – caramel (mmm), peanut butter, mint, and cherry.
I got the caramel and peanut butter and I haven’t gotten the chance to bake with the peanut butter filled DelightFull‘s yet, but I stole a few from the bag and they’re understandably delicious. If you’ve been around here, you understand my obsession with all things chocolate and peanut butter, so they’re a clear winner for me. The caramel chips that I used here are my favorite though – the caramel is creamy, and gets all melty and luscious when baked. Click here to see tons of recipes using all four flavors of the DelightFulls!
Now, let’s talk all about these muffins. These are chocolate banana bread muffins, so they taste subtly banana-y with a healthy dose of cocoa powder to make it chocolatey, and of course to amp things up a bit, I put some dulce de leche in the center. This is optional – you can skip it to make these less dessert like. The caramel gets so luscious and melty in the middle of the muffins though and is such a wonderful sweet surprise. Especially with the caramel filled DelightFulls! This is like super moist chocolate banana bread with a good dose a sweet caramel goodness.
These are also so so easy to make. The batter takes all of about 5 minutes to stir together, and the muffins are baked in 20 minutes. I love quick and simple recipes that look so decadent and impressive! These sweet muffins are an impressive treat to serve any chocolate, caramel, or banana lover. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Nestle is giving away a $15 gift card to the winner’s choice between Target, Amazon, or Walmart so that all of YOU can try your own recipe using their new DelightFulls! Enter, simply head over to their DelightFulls recipe page and leave a comment below sharing which recipe you want to try first. Enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. It may take a few seconds to load. Giveaway closes on April 4th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 2 medium very ripe bananas (2/3 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup 66 grams oil
- 1/2 cup 95 grams brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2/3 cup 82 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup thick caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House Caramel Filled DelightFulls
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl. Whisk in oil, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Whisk together baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl and then add to banana mixture. Stir together all of the ingredients with a spoon until just combined. Stir in Nestle Toll House Caramel Filled DelightFulls.
- Fill liners 1/3 of the way full and add about 1 teaspoon of the caramel sauce to each liner, placing it in the center of the batter. Top with another scoop of batter so the liners are 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- The banana bread will keep for up to 4 days at room temperature.
This post is sponsored by Nestle Toll House. As always, all opinions are my own and I really do love the product!