Cake Batter Truffles
These Cake Batter Truffles are super easy, no-bake truffles that are sure to satisfy any cake-batter craving sweet tooth!
Most of you probably don’t know, but it’s my birthday! Today, September 16th, I’ll be 19 years old.
Sort of a boring year, nothing new and exciting happens at 19, but it is my last year before my 20s.
How is that possible?
It feels like just yesterday I was flipping through my first grade yearbook and marveling over the fact that my sister was going to be a fourth grader. Back then, even middle school seemed so far out of reach.
Now, well past both fourth grade and middle school, I can’t believe how fast time moves. It doesn’t feel like seventh grade was almost seven years ago. Time truly does fly, because honestly, sometimes I still feel like a seventh grader.
So, I’m going to take advantage of my last year in my teens before I have to say “Yeah, I’m in my early twenties.”
And to make sure I actually do get things done in this upcoming year, I’ve made a list, and for better or worse, I’m going to share it here so I’m actually held accountable for these things. So, here we go: the 20 before 20.
1. Give Bakerita a makeover! New site design is coming guys, wait for it.
2. Do well in school. Blah, blah, boring, but it’s important!
3. Go to Canada (Vancouver, Fall Break 2012!)
4. Read a book on food photography/take a food photography class (either/or, preferably both.)
5. Reach 200 posts on Bakerita. Currently at 114.
6. Get a job/internship I love next summer.
7. Get toned! Eat healthier! Just get healthier in general.
8. Conquer homemade croissants.
9. Visit my sister in Barcelona, Spain!
10. Pull an all-nighter.
11. Visit Paige at USC for a football game.
12. Go to Seattle more. It’s only 40 minutes away, darn it.
13. Be more outgoing. Something to continuously be striving for.
14. Make birthday cakes for everyone I care about.
15. Write more.
16. Go skydiving.
17. Make a cake with fondant. I’m already scared.
18. Make new friends.
19. Visit the Bouchon Bakery in Yountville, CA.
20. Grow up, learn everyday, and be a better person.
So, that last one is three, but they all sort of go together in my mind. There you have it, 20 before 20. Holding myself to it.
Yeah, that’s what I want for my birthday. Seriously, these are so easily. The most tedious part is the dipping, but for real, you’re eating them so it does not have to be perfect. Don’t stress.
Just eat truffles.
Do it for me, for my birthday. And enjoy every last bite.Print
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 15.5 ounce package Golden Oreos
- 1/2 cup yellow (white, or Funfetti cake mix)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 10 ounce bag of white candy melts
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor, grind cookies until they are a fine powder. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cake mix, sprinkles, and Oreos until no white streaks of cream cheese remain.
- Shape into about 40 tablespoon-sized balls. Place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes. They can be refrigerated up to overnight.
- Melt white candy melts and dip truffles. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to set.
- If desired, sprinkle on sprinkles before the outside sets. Keep refrigerated.