Berry Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
This Berry Pitaya Smoothie Bowl is made from mixed berries, banana, and pitaya, also known as dragonfruit. Top with fresh fruit and other toppings for a nutritious and delicious breakfast or brunch.
Where are all my fellow easy smoothie bowl lovers?! Let me introduce you to my newest love: pitaya smoothie bowls!! Can you even with that color?? Pitaya is naturally the most beautiful bright pink color, and it translates to such a stunning smoothie bowl.
Pitaya, if you haven’t heard of it before, is another name for dragonfruit. It’s pretty mildly sweet tasting, but my favorite thing about it is the color – on it’s own, it’s the brightest hot pink color and makes smoothies a whole lot more fun. Mixed with the berries, it turns this smoothie bowl the prettiest shade of fuchsia.
What ingredients are in this smoothie bowl?
- Pitaya: also known as dragonfruit, it gives the smoothie bowl it’s gorgeous pink color!
- Mixed Berries: I used a frozen mixed berry mix that included blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Frozen Banana: adds lots of extra creaminess!
- Milk of Choice: I typically use almond or oat milk, but any kind you like will work. You could even use juice for a more tropical flavor.
Where can I find frozen dragonfruit (pitaya)?
I found mine in the freezer section of my local Kroger store, from the brand Pitaya Plus. You should be able able to find it near the frozen fruit at most grocery stores.
What are the best toppings for a pitaya bowl?
I absolutely love topping my bowl with so many goodies…here are some of my favorites for you to pick and choose from!
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Fresh pitaya
- Pineapple, mango, or other favorite fruits
- Homemade granola
- Flaked coconut
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Coconut butter
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
Want more smoothie bowl recipes?
- The Best 5-Minute Acai Bowl
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Acai Bowl
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
This Berry Pitaya Smoothie Bowl is made from mixed berries, banana, and pitaya, also known as dragonfruit! Top with fresh fruit and other toppings for a nutritious and delicious breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pitaya
- ¼ cup almond milk or any other liquid of choice
- For the toppings: fresh fruit, shredded coconut, almond butter, and/or granola
- Combine all ingredients except for the toppings in a blender. Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be very thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!
Keywords: pitaya smoothie, dragonfruit smoothie, smoothie bowl recipe