Almond Blueberry Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
Almond Blueberry Breakfast Cookies are a quick and healthy gluten-free breakfast treat or snack. These hearty breakfast cookies, made with rolled oats and almond butter, are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and bursting with fresh blueberries!
Have you ever had a breakfast cookie? What’s not to love about something that tastes like it should be dessert…but it’s healthy enough for breakfast?! NOT MUCH, in my book.
These Almond Blueberry Breakfast Cookies are absolutely scrumptious! They’re quick and easy to make, and are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or for bringing along to brunch with family and friends. They’ll disappear off the plate quick.
What do you need to make these breakfast cookies?
These come together similarly to any other cookie, and they’re chock-full of healthy ingredients that will satiate you for the day. To make them, you’ll need:
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Sugar
- Egg or Flax Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda & Salt
- Blueberries, fresh is best here!
- Almonds, I like them sliced and toasted.
How do you make a breakfast cookie?
These come together in the same way as any other cookie recipe!
Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
Fold in the blueberries and almonds.
Refrigerate for an hour, and then bake until golden!
The cookie dough has creamy almond butter in it, which makes the cookies stay super gooey and rich. Rolled oats add a little texture oomph, as do the toasted and chopped almonds. Of course, the stars of the show are the fresh blueberries folded into the dough.
The juicy blueberries burst in your mouth when you take a bite of a cookie fresh from the oven, and when surrounded by the gooey, crispy cookie? It’s pretty much heaven.
The breakfast cookies are gluten-free and refined sugar-free – the whole batch is sweetened with just a 1/2 cup of coconut sugar. I found them plenty sweet, especially for breakfast, but if you want a sweeter cookie, you can add up to 3/4 cup coconut sugar.
These are a great snack or lunch box treat too, and of course, they can also totally be dessert! You can keep a batch in the freezer and pop them in the microwave to defrost whenever you’re ready to enjoy…if they last that long, that is. Happy baking! :)
Want more sweet breakfast inspiration?Print
Almond Blueberry Breakfast Cookies are a quick and healthy breakfast treat or snack. These hearty breakfast cookies, made with rolled oats and almond butter, are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and bursting with fresh blueberries!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream the coconut oil, almond butter, and coconut sugar. Add the egg and then the vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and toasted almonds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Use a large cookie scoop to shape cookies and place the dough 2” apart on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the center is just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you want a sweeter cookie, you can use up to 3/4 cup of coconut sugar.
Keywords: breakfast cookies, gluten-free, healthy, easy cookies