This Pumpkin Granola is a simple, crunchy granola that makes the perfect Fall breakfast! Made with pecans, pepitas, and maple syrup, you won’t be able to stop snacking on this gluten free and vegan granola.
Okay folks, today I’m sharing my latest and greatest granola of the season. If you’re new around here, you may not have yet seen my plethora of granola recipes or heard about how darn much I love the stuff.
I’ve gone on and on about how granola, yogurt, and berries is my go-to breakfast…but like anyone would, I get bored of that sometimes, so the granola has got to be switched up. Now, whenever one batch is on its last serving, it’s time for me to create a new granola recipe.
This time around? I’m sticking to the season with everyone’s favorite fall treat: pumpkin! I can’t believe I’ve yet to post a pumpkin granola recipe yet – thankfully that’s being remedied right now in a very delicious way.
This pumpkin granola recipe is simple, as the best granola recipes should be – just 10 ingredients, and measuring them out is the most time consuming step in the recipe.
For crunch, this granola has pecans and pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and it wouldn’t be pumpkin granola without some warm fall spices – cinnamon and nutmeg do the trick here.
Pure pumpkin puree does double duty as the pumpkin flavor and as a binder that helps form big clusters of granola. Also helping in the cluster-quest are coconut oil and maple syrup. Honey could also be used to sweeten, but I find maple syrup to be the perfect sweetener to pair with pumpkin and spices.
The granola is baked low and slow – baking it this way helps draw out the moisture of the pumpkin, drying out the granola and letting big, crunchy clusters form without any of the granola burning. Avoid stirring during the baking time if you want to maximize clusters – just keep an eye on your granola while it’s baking and rotate as necessary to avoid burning.
This batch of granola is warm, crunchy, and absolutely perfect for fall and winter. It was just what my breakfast routine needed for a little new flavor invigoration! Need more convincing? This will make your house smell the best ever – happy baking! :)
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
- 3 cups rolled oats (GF certified if necessary)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pure pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine evenly. Spread the granola in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. About halfway through the baking time, use a large spatula to turn over the granola, breaking the pieces up as little as possible. Rotate the pan to ensure the granola bakes evenly. When it is browned and feels dry to the touch, remove from the oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if using and let the granola cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.