I’ve been baking a lot since I’ve been better. I’ve got time to make up for since I was sick for so long – I only got so much time at home! I’m already going back to school on Tuesday, so I need to have a ton of posts ready to share with you guys.
I have a ton of amazing posts and recipes lined up that I’m dying to share with you guys, but all in good time. Patience, guys. Patience.
(I’m talking more to myself than all of you…I’ve just been dreaming about some of the things I made recently!)
But currently – I have an amazing carrot cake recipe to share.
It’s the Pioneer Woman’s carrot cake recipe, and my goodness, that lady is a genius. If you’ve never been to her site, go. It’s pure, delightful, butter-laden, heaven for anyone who likes looking at food. Her stuff is just so rustic, so simple and always delicious.
This carrot cake is one of my favorite things that I’ve tried. I love carrot cakes (who doesn’t love a cake they can pretend is healthy but is actually slathered in cream cheese frosting), and this is one of the best I’ve tried.
8 MINUTES. I can’t do anything in 8 minutes.
Except make this carrot cake apparently, and trust me – that’s an awesome way to spend 8 minutes.
And please – do you see that SUPER thick layer of frosting? Do you not want to stick your face in it? It’s truly heaven. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. In another bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to first mixture and combine. Then add carrots and stir in gently. Pour into a greased and floured pan (bundt, sheet cake, 9 x 13 pyrex) and bake at 350F until cooked through, 25 minutes (sheet cake) to 50 minutes (Bundt pan), depending on the pan you use.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In larger bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and blend together very well until creamy, then mix in the nuts. Spread on cooled carrot cake. Enjoy!
Recipe minorly adapted from Pioneer Woman