This Vegan Raspberry Lime Cheesecake with Coconut Crust is creamy and bursting with fresh, summery flavor. This vegan cheesecake is also Paleo, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
I unwittingly made this raspberry week here on Bakerita, considering the other two recipes I shared this week were a Chocolate Ganache Raspberry Tart and Raspberry Mint Brownies. Keeping in the theme, today we have a vegan raspberry lime cheesecake with a coconut crust.
Vegan cheesecake, you ask? How is that possible?! Well…the magical ingredient here is CASHEWS!
Soaked cashews + a blender + a few other ingredients = a creamy, dreamy, luscious almost-cheesecake. I must admit, cashews are not cream cheese and you lose the cream cheese-y tang that we all know and love from cheesecake. But, the texture is spot on and there’s no baking required for the filling, so no stress about those darn cheesecake cracks.
To bring back the tang the cheesecake normally brings in, we need acid. I was feeling tropical, so limes added the tang and I love raspberries so they as well were added to my vegan cheesecake. The resulting filling is flavorful and fruity and super creamy.
The crust here is definitely a new favorite. It’s reminiscent of a coconut macaroon cookie, and I can never resist those chewy cookies. That flavor and texture works so well with the lime and raspberry in the filling. This recipe is one you’ll definitely love if you’re vegan, or if you’ve cut out dairy for the Paleo diet.
If you don’t follow one of those diets, it’s a way better for you version of the favorite and you’ll love the creamy texture and bold flavors.
Also, this cheesecake is little! I used a 6″ cake pan, but you can use anywhere between 5″-8″, your resulting cheesecake will just be thinner or thicker depending on how big it is. I love that this cheesecake is mini, because mini things are just cuter. If you’re serving a crowd, use a regular 10″ springform cheesecake pan and double the recipe. It’ll be perfect!
Also, if you’re not a raspberry person, blend in your berry of choice. Make it your own, and enjoy!
Vegan Raspberry Lime Cheesecake with Coconut Crust
For the crust
For the filling
For the topping
- Freeze dried raspberry powder
- Fresh raspberries
- Shredded coconut
- Edible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.. Lightly grease a 5” or 6” springform pan, or if you don’t have one, line a small cake pan (5”-8”) with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- In a bowl, stir together all of the crust ingredients. Press in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Put all ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until mixture is as smooth as possible. Pour the filling into the crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the cake from the pan and leave to thaw in room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before cutting. Top with freeze dried blueberry powder, fresh blueberries, shredded coconut and edible flowers. I usually run my knife under warm water (and dry off) before cutting, to make a cleaner cut. Let each piece thaw for a few more minutes before serving.
If you're impatient, like me, you can let the cashews soak in boiling hot water for one hour instead of overnight.