These gluten-free & vegan Banana Pancakes are thick, fluffy, and delicious! Made in the blender, they come together quickly and reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time for a quick breakfast. Plus, check out 15 other delicious vegan pancake recipes in this post.
- ½ cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries, optional
- To serve: coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the oats, dairy-free milk mixture, banana, maple syrup, baking powder, kosher salt, and vanilla and cinnamon if using.
- Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan, and then add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Press a small handful of blueberries into the batter, if using. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each pancake. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
- Serve warm, with coconut cream, maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter!
- If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
The recipe yields about 6 to 8 pancakes, depending on size. Serves 2 to 3 people depending on how hungry you are! The nutritional info is for ½ the recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan breakfast, vegan pancakes, blender pancakes, easy pancake, gluten-free, oatcakes