These Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, pressed into perfectly portable chewy bars! This easy vegan dessert will become a hit, and they only take 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
- ½ cup (128g) nut or seed butter of choice, I used cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg or flax egg to keep vegan (for flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Let gel for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (48g) gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the nut or seed butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg or flax egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: oatmeal cookie bars, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip, cookie bars, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan