This Strawberry Chocolate Tart is filled with vegan chocolate ganache and topped with fresh strawberries, all piled in a chocolate crust. Slice into this easy and delicious gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan dessert.
For the crust
- 1¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the filling
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, I used 80%
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
For the topping
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, and salt. Stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a greased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the chocolate ganache
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Microwave the canned coconut milk for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until steaming (you can also do this over the stove). Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let stand for a few minutes. Stir until fully melted and combined. Pour into the cooled crust and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the strawberries and maple syrup. Let macerate.
- Top with the strawberries, arranging however you desire. Serve immediately. This tart can also be made a a day or two ahead of time. If you’re planning on making it more than a few hours before needed, wait to add the berries until just before serving.
For the dark chocolate, I like to use Santa Barbara Chocolate’s Coconut Sugar Sweetened Chocolate. It’s both paleo and vegan! You can use the code BAKERITA for $10 off. If you want it darker, you can add some unsweetened chocolate too.
Keywords: chocolate, strawberry, tart, vegan, gluten free, paleo