This Strawberry Chocolate Tart is filled with whipped vegan chocolate ganache and topped with fresh strawberries, all piled in a chocolate crust. Slice into this easy and delicious gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan dessert.
Hi Monday. Mondays after a holiday are always worse than the usual Monday, don’t you think? I spent the past week in Costa Rica with my whole mom’s side of the family, soaking in plenty of sun on the beach and chasing around monkeys and iguanas.
We had an incredible time, traveling first to Rio Perdido – an eco-friendly resort with the most incredible thermal river. The river (the resort’s namesake) is one of the few thermal rivers in the world and was among the most incredible things I’ve ever experienced. My sister, aunt, mom and I spent hours lounging in the 95 degree water, sitting with our backs against the rapids and letting nature give us a massage.
We went zip lining through canyons, tubing down a river, and spent lots of time admiring the monkeys jumping around the trees right outside our hotel room. We then headed to the coast to Playa Conchal to meet up with the rest of the family and spent our days in the sweltering sun, relaxing, and eating our weight in the most delicious pineapple, mango, papaya, and watermelon ever.
We went snorkeling one day, made two day trips to Tamarindo to explore the town, and ventured to the top of a hill via dirt road for massages and beautiful ocean views. I was snapchatting the whole vacation, so hopefully we’re snapfriends and you got to come along! If not, add me for future fun – bakeritablog :D
It was a magical week, but after a long 8-day vacation, followed by an Easter full of traveling, I’m ready to spend Monday curled up in bed. I’m jet-lagged, waterlogged, and a little sunburned, but totally relaxed and ready to get back to work – after a nap, that is.
Thankfully, if anything can get me excited today, it’s some chocolate and strawberries. I’ve always been obsessed with the combo (because it’s one of the best EVER, IMHO) but recently, I’ve been all about chocolate strawberry e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g lately. These chocolate strawberry brownies ignited the recent obsession, and I made it acceptable for breakfast with this delish chocolate strawberry oatmeal. And now, we’re heading back to dessert territory with a strawberry chocolate tart!
Tarts are one of my favorite things to make – they’re simpler and faster to make than pies (no rolling out crust!) and always look so darn pretty, especially when fruit is the star. This strawberry chocolate tart checks both those boxes, and has the added bonus of lots of chocolate!
We start with a chocolate crust, and then pile in some vegan whipped chocolate ganache and top it off with some maple syrup-macerated strawberries. The whole thing is gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan! Three cheers for that.
The whipped chocolate ganache is smooth and rich, while the strawberries provide the much needed burst of fruity flavor to cut through the chocolate. If your strawberries are super sweet on their own, you can skip the maple syrup. I loved this tart, and I hope you will too! Enjoy.
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1¼ cups coconut cream
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, and salt. Stir together. Stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a greased 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 15-17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir, and melt in 15 second increments, stirring between each, until fully melted. Let cool to room temperature (but not hardened).
- In a separate bowl, combine the strawberries and maple syrup. Let macerate while preparing the chocolate ganache.
- When the chocolate is cooled, combine the dark chocolate and coconut cream and whip until fully combined.
- Spread the whipped chocolate ganache on the cooled crust, then top with the strawberries, arranging however you desire. Serve immediately. This tart can also be made a a day or two ahead of time. If you’re planning on making it more than a few hours before needed, wait to add the berries until just before serving.