Super moist and delicious caramel apple cupcakes with sweet caramel frosting! These are a wonderful fall treat.
SUCCESS. I have successfully completed my first day of senior year. Phew, feels so good. I have a ridiculously hard English teacher but one of my best friends, Isabelle, is in the class with me so it’s not too bad. I also had him last year so even though it’s a different class, I know what to expect from his as a teacher. He’s an amazing good teacher, just hard!!! I don’t know what I was thinking taking four AP classes as a senior, but whatever. I think it’s going to be a fun year.
I have friends in all my classes so their fun and the teachers understand (thankfully) that we’re seniors and really don’t wanna deal with all the high school bullshit anymore! So they cut us a little slack. It’s pretty nice. Best of all though is my AP European History class. The teacher is amazing. All we do is watch movies and hang out. He’s so funny, when we were going over the rules of the class, he gets a super serious face on and says “There is NO eating in my class…unless you’re hungry” and continued on saying crazy, hilarious things like that the rest of the day. I guess you had to be there, but I’m really looking forward to that class.
I just finished all my homework that I’ve received so far (homework on the first day?! what?!!?!) and so I decided to make some cupcakes. Unfortunately, my camera is dead and out of commission, so you’ll have to make do with pictures from my phone. Sorry! Today’s treat, you ask? Caramel Apple Cupcakes. YUUUUMMM. You’ll like them, I swear. And they look pretty, too. Even if their not so beautiful in the pictures.
Sooo…go try them, and good luck with this year if you’re starting school as well!! :)
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- Rinse and core the apples. Place them on an ovenproof pan or baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Remove the apples from the oven, let cool slightly, then remove peel and mush the apple with your choice of mashing utensil (I use a fork). Measure out 1 cup of apple mush and set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Crack the eggs into a separate, medium sized bowl and beat. Add the oil, apple juice, vanilla, and cooled apple mush and mix to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until all ingredients come together.
- Scoop into cupcake papers about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pan after 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the frosting
- Beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. Add caramel sauce, heavy cream and vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated to reach the right consistency. Increase speed to medium-high and whip about one minute until light and fluffy. Fill a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes or frost as desired.