These Pumpkin Caramel Marshmallow Fluff Bars are gooey, sweet, and irresistible! These easy bars are sure to be devoured quickly.
I’m usually done with pumpkin after Thanksgiving, so I thought I’d sneak in one last pumpkin recipe in before my self-inflicted posting-about-pumpkin deadline. It’s a good one.
Pumpkin meets both caramel AND marshmallow fluff in these ooey gooey bars, and the result is sticky, sweet, decadent, and delicious. Somehow, these manage to taste vaguely like cinnamon rolls. It’s magical. These come together in one bowl and a few minutes, which always makes me happy (less dishes, more time! Wahoo!).
These bars are adapted from my Banana Nut Bars. The edges of these bars get dense and soft, while the middle stays fudgy and gooey. I used the new, reformulated I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, and the result was amazing. I love that it’s made from real, simple ingredients and is still unbelievably delicious! These bars were buttery, and stayed so soft and moist. I also LOVE that I can get it in stick form! It makes it so easy to use in baking.
Obviously, we haven’t talked about two of the stars of this show: caramel and marshmallow fluff! I use a thin dulce de leche as my caramel, but any kind of caramel sauce will work. I would stick to thicker varieties (I like Trader Joe’s Fleur De Sel Caramel) and avoid the “ice cream topping” caramel sauces.
And then we have fluff. Mmm…so good, but so sticky! I used a knife to dollop the fluff, and I highly suggest you grease the knife (or spoon, or whatever you’re using) before you start. It’ll save you a big ole sticky mess! The fluff will puff up and make beautiful swirls in your bars, just be careful not to swirl too much, you don’t want the fluff to be swirled into oblivion.
If you’re not sick of pumpkin yet, you’ll love these treats!! Enjoy :)Print
- 1/2 cup 1 stick I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Whisk to combine. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan, smooth it out evenly. Using a greased knife or spoon, dollop half of the marshmallow fluff in teaspoons over the batter, swirl in with a knife. Drizzle half of the caramel sauce over the batter. Carefully top with the remaining batter. Repeat with remaining marshmallow fluff and caramel.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bars are set and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.