Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Fresh strawberries and strawberry jelly are swirled into soft peanut butter blondies to create these Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars that taste just like your favorite childhood sandwich! They’re super easy and come together in one bowl.
Feels like it’s been a while, huh? Between my trip to Cabo, getting tonsillitis (icky), having my dad in town, and making 15 different desserts for my sorority’s Red Dress Gala, things have been hectic and crazy. I’ve been baking a ton, but I’ve barely had a minute to sit down and write to share something totally delicious with you all.
I do seriously need to go back and remake a few of the desserts I made for that event though. The event has a sort of dessert auction at the end where each table puts cash into an envelope and the table who donates the most chooses dessert first, and so on. I was tasked with making all of the desserts, which meant two straight days of baking. I had a few stressful moments. It is so not awesome when the last batch of cookies spreads ALL over the tray. However, it was so much fun to be able to make so many different things.
I tried out some new recipes (risky…I know) but they turned out awesome and I need to share them with you all. I’ve had lots of requests after my Instagram photo featuring just a couple of desserts. These dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies though, guys…
Also on the menu was my carrot cake, mini versions of toffee caramel cheesecake, no-bake snickers pie, mini vanilla bean cheesecakes with strawberries & cream, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, brownies, apple crumble pie, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate cake, and some other goodies you may be seeing on here soon!
Let’s make Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars!
Now, let’s talk about the recipe you’re seeing on here now! These Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, no joke, taste exactly like a peanut butter and jelly. Spot on. If you were a strawberry jelly person, these bars taste like childhood.
The base of the bars comes together super quickly in one bowl. Just stir, spread the batter in a pan, and swirl in the jam. It takes literally 5 minutes of your time. 25 minutes in the oven and you have PB&J goodness.
I want to switch the jam flavor!
No problem at all. If you prefer raspberry, or blueberry, or grape jam, or whatever kind – just sub in your favorite flavor and fruit.
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, you have got to try these. They’re irresistible. And, if you’re like me (a peanut butterholic), give those bars an extra drizzle of peanut butter. They deserve it. You deserve it. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4.25 oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl in the microwave. Add peanut butter and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the egg, vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the flour and stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in the strawberries. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula or offset knife. Dollop the strawberry preserves over the top in tablespoon drops and swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving into 16 squares. I like to refrigerate them before cutting to make them easier to cut. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months