These Peanut Butter Cookie Fudge Brownies have peanut butter cookie dough baked right into an ultra fudgy brownie.
I’m officially a college student. As in, I’ve had my first class! Bright and early at 9 A.M. I had my first economics class. A great professor and an extremely interesting subject matter leave me super excited for that class, and I’m beyond excited to head over to Spanish and Statistics later today. However, besides the classes, college has been amazing. The school I’m attending has an orientation program unlike anything else. It’s been ten days of bonding, making friends, late nights, camping in the wilderness, canoeing, bug bites, and decorating dorm rooms. A great time, indeed.Everyone says the best part of college is the people you meet and I can already tell thats true. The people here are so amazing – nice, smart, caring, welcoming people are everywhere. College is a place for a fresh start, and the environment here allows everyone to thrive and find their own niche. The early morning noises of the football players practicing and the late night sprinklings of laughter heard throughout the dorms feed the feeling of home that permeates campus, and I know after only a little over a week here and one solitary class that I definitely chose the right place.
I’ve already invaded the kitchen multiple times to bake for my classmates, but due to a lack of camera, I’ve been unable to take pictures! Issue. So, for now, I’m posting a recipe I made before I left. These brownies were a major hit and something I had been wanting to make for a while. They were thick, fudgy, and dense with swirls and clumps of peanut butter cookie dough baked right in. Nothing quite like it. These are brownies beyond brownies. If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate (um, who isn’t?) than they must be made ASAP. Please, do yourself and your loved ones a favor (and your diet a break) and get on this. You’ll thank me.
Peanut Butter Cookie Fudge Brownies
For the brownies:
For the cookie dough: (see notes)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x9–inch metal baking pan (or 9x13 for a thinner brownie) with nonstick spray. Stir both chocolates and butter together in medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer whip together sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in large bowl until fluffy and pale yellow in color. Stir in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour until just combined.
- Stir together peanut butter, sugar and egg for the cookie mixture until fully combined. Pour half of brownie mixture into the greased pan. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough mixture all over the batter. Cover evenly with remaining brownie batter. Drop more spoonfuls of cookie dough mixture.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes.
Cookie dough recipe will make a lot more than needed. To use the extra, make golf-ball sized balls, place on a cookie sheet, and press down using a fork. Bake at 350* for 6-8 minutes or until no longer gooey.