This Paleo Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread is a good-for-you twist on your favorite fall treat. This easy, one bowl recipe is the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever made! It’s moist, full of chocolate chunks, and made with coconut flour and almond butter.
Happy birthday to me! Today marks the beginning of my 22nd year on this Earth. The first few hours feel just like 21 felt, but I’ll keep you updated.
To be honest, I’ve never been the biggest fan of my birthday. Being the center of attention is definitely not my favorite thing, and my birthday is usually a day I try to sweep under the rug as stealthily as possible.
This year, I have no grand plans, just an amazing dinner at one of my favorite Thai restaurants in my new neighborhood with some of my favorite people. Really, I had to keep it low key because this weekend is going to be exhausting! And seriously fun and exciting.
Because this weekend is the International Food Bloggers Conference! I have a jam-packed weekend that starts tomorrow at 8am and goes until late Sunday, with days full of learning, networking, and definitely a whole lot of eating.
My weekend is going a little longer than most, because tomorrow morning I’m heading over to the Krusteaz headquarters bright and early to shoot some videos as a part of my ambassadorship with them. I will be incredibly nervous and hopefully not have to do a million takes. Fingers crossed all will go well so that I can share the videos here with you!
I’m excited and nervous and I can’t wait to share a recap of the conference with you guys. It’s going to be awesome! But enough about me, and more about the Paleo Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread I’ve been teasing you with pictures of.
This bread is the bomb. I took my favorite and all-time site favorite Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread, gave it a little spin and a couple twists, and voila – perfectly transformed into Paleo Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread.
Because pumpkin is not as sweet as bananas are, I used coconut sugar to sweeten it up a bit. Coconut sugar works perfectly here because it’s a dry sugar, unlike maple syrup or honey which would add too much liquid to this batter.
I’m huge proponent of chocolate chunks, which you know if you’ve spent any amount of time hanging around the chocolate recipes on this site. They add so much both visually and in terms of taste – nothing beats biting into a slice of still warm pumpkin bread and having those big dark chocolate chunks melt onto your tongue. If you want to keep this strict Paleo or refined sugar free, make your own Paleo chocolate. I promise – it’s super easy!
This will be a fall favorite around here, I can guarantee, and I hope it’ll be a favorite in your house as well. Grab your pumpkin and get baking!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
- 1¾ cup pureed pumpkin or one 15 oz. can
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup (92 grams) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (50 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz. dark chocolate chopped (see Notes for recommendation to keep 100% Paleo)
- Grease one 9"x5" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 if using a loaf pan. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
To keep this bread completely Paleo and refined sugar free, make your own Paleo chocolate chunks!