Loaded Dark Chocolate Cookies
These Loaded Dark Chocolate Cookies are stuffed with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips and caramel bits!
Let’s talk about something weird for a second. Yesterday was my first day of my senior year of college. Essentially, my last first day of school. EVER.
I finished my internship last Friday, and spent the last Labor Day weekend enjoying the last few days of my last ever summer break. It’s bittersweet, and it’s crazy to me that it’s not only been 4 years since I started Bakerita, but I’m also on the verge of graduating college and starting “real life”. Graduation and moving on has always seemed like such a faraway concept. It’s always been the thing that I’ve been able to avoid and explain how I still had 4…3…2 years to think about it. That time has dwindled down to a mere 9 months, and it’s starting to feel a little bit daunting.
Okay…a lotta bit daunting.
I want to enjoy my last year as a student to the greatest extent possible. I have a way greater appreciation for my classes and the opportunity to study the things I’m interested in than I did during my first year of college. If my time in college is coming to an end, I’m going to make it count.
Okay – enough talking about graduating and life and stuff. I still have 9 months! Let’s talk cookies and butterscotch and chocolate instead.
These chocolate cookies are big ones, and they’re FULL of good stuff. I used peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and caramel bits…but use any mix of chips you have on hand. Mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, toffee bits, leftover candy…this chocolate cookie is the perfect vessel to load up with delicious, melty chips and treats.
The dough comes together super quickly and easily, bakes up into a chewy, thick cookie, and stays chewy and delicious for dayssss when stored in an airtight container (if they last that long).
I’m not going to ramble on about these cookies – just LOOK at all this goodness stuffed in there. If you love this stuff…you’ll love ’em. Who doesn’t love a giant chocolate cookie?Print
- 1 cup 2 sticks cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup caramel bits
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, and caramel bits. Don’t overmix!
- Use a large cookie scoop to form 18 (about 2.5 oz. each) cookies. Roll each portion of dough into a ball and flatten just slightly into a disc. Place on the prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny and the cookies look set. Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stored cookies will stay good in an airtight container for about a week.