These Granola Crust Breakfast Tarts are topped with Greek yogurt and fresh berries for a fun and filling breakfast! This gluten-free and refined sugar-free twist on a classic parfait looks beautiful and tastes even better.
I have a granola infatuation, and I’m constantly dreaming up new flavors and new ways to use granola for every purpose. If you’re a regular around here, that’s no surprise – you’ve seen a whole bunch of granola recipes over the years.
To be honest, I’m surprised these granola crust breakfast tarts haven’t come along sooner, considering they have a whole lot of granola goodness going for them, and they’re a twist on my favorite breakfast: Greek yogurt, berries, and homemade granola.
For me, it doesn’t get a whole lot better than that…especially since I don’t eat eggs for breakfast, and Greek yogurt is the next best way to get my protein for the day. Also, the crust to filling ratio is on point for a granola lover like me – the granola crust means you get a whole bunch of granola in every single bite. Swoon.
The granola crust is made a bit differently than regular granola to help it hold together, while maintaining that classic warm granola flavor. Instead of rolled oats, I used quick cooking oats. I tested the recipe both ways and the smaller quick oats definitely held together better in the crust – the rolled oats made for a less firm, more crumbly crust. If you only have rolled oats, I’d recommend pulsing them just a few times in a food processor or blender to break them down a bit.
In addition to the classic oats, almond flour and tapioca flour help the crust get super crispy, while also giving some structure to the tart crust so they’ll hold up when you take them out of the pan. Coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon add a hint of sweetness and warmth.
Coconut oil is my fat of choice here, and it’s incorporated into the dry ingredients in solid form, worked into the flour similarly to the way you would for a crumble topping. Finally, finely chopped pecans and almonds add that nutty crunch that granola just needs. It is really granola if there’s no nuts involved?
Once the granola tart crusts are baked in their cute little tart pans, you’re pretty much done with the hard work. From here, you can make and serve the tart immediately, or store the granola crusts in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to eat.
I recommend assembling these fresh, right before you want to eat them, for the best results, although you can make them about a day ahead of time. They’re so easy to put together, though, so do it the day of.
When you’re ready to eat, grab a crust, top with a big scoop of Greek yogurt, swirl in your favorite jam (if you want!), and top with loads of beautiful fresh berries. Ta-da! Your beautiful breakfast tarts are served.
Make these all at once and serve for a brunch get together, or make the granola crusts and stock them in the fridge for a quick-to-put-together breakfast on rushed mornings. And if you’re into not-too-sweet desserts? These breakfast tarts can star at the end of your day, too. Enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
- ⅓ cup (32g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (14g) tapioca flour
- ¾ cup (67g) quick oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- ¼ cup jam (I used this homemade blueberry chia jam)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Prepare four small tart pans by greasing lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, oats, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the sliced almonds and pecans.
- Divide the granola crust evenly between the four prepared tart pans and use a flat-bottomed measuring cup or glass to press the crust evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the pans.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and browned. Let cool completely.
- Immediately before serving, top each tart with ½ cup Greek yogurt. Swirl about 1 tablespoon of jam onto the yogurt and top with ¼ cup mixed berries. Enjoy!
Craving more granola goodness? Check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Strawberry Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Dried Cherry, Almond + Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes with Granola Crust (Gluten Free)
- Protein Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan)