Made with grain-free pretzels and dunk in dark chocolate, these Grain-Free Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the perfect easy snack or dessert made with just five ingredients! Thanks to FitJoy for sponsoring this post.
During the summer (or let’s be real – any time of year), the best kinds of snacks are the ones that are DONE in 15 minutes or less and require NO baking or cooking at all. Plus, they’ve got to be mouthwateringly delicious and easy to pack up with you.
These gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, and grain-free Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites check ALL the boxes. ☑☑☑
These peanut butter-filled bites of goodness remind me of the lunchbox snacks I used to have as a kid. They’re the kind of delicious treat that would be served at birthday parties or an afterschool hangout. And NOW, we’ve upgraded this classic recipe, without the sugars and grains that filled the ones I used to eat.
In the traditional version of this recipe, you’d sweeten peanut butter filling with powdered sugar and the pretzels are the gluten- and grain-filled version. The chocolate is sweet, too – probably milk chocolate.
Let’s talk about the new and improved version of these Grain-Free Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites!
First – the pretzels. I used FitJoy’s brand new GRAIN-FREE pretzels! They’re the first grain-free pretzels on the market and they’re super delicious. Snackable as pretzels always are, with a super crunchy texture. They’re totally free of gluten-free, cornstarch, malt, and artificial sweeteners. Instead, FitJoy makes them with cassava and chickpea flours. If you want to try the pretzels, you can use the code BAKERITA15 to get 15% off. Click here to order!
Sandwiched between the pretzels, we have the peanut butter mixture. To make it, we mix up peanut butter (or any other nut butter your heart desires), a few tablespoons of maple syrup, and coconut flour. The exact amount of coconut flour depends on the thickness of your nut butter. If the nut butter is relatively thick already, it will be about 2 tablespoons. If it’s super runny, it will be closer to 4 tablespoons. I recommend adding 1 tablespoon at a time until it’s thick and smooth, similar in texture to cookie dough.
You’ll roll the nut butter mixture into small balls and press a teaspoon of it between two pretzels. Then, dunk half into dark chocolate (I used coconut sugar-sweetened chocolate) and sprinkle them with flaky sea salt. Put them into the fridge or freezer to firm up the chocolate, and we’re done! Easy as can be.
I hope you adore this quick & simple recipe as much as I’m loving it! You can get FitJoy’s delicious Grain-Free Pretzels by clicking here. Make sure to tag me on Instagram at @bakeritablog and #bakerita if you make these so I can see them! xoxox
Made with grain-free pretzels and dunk in dark chocolate, these Grain-Free Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites are the perfect easy snack or dessert made with just five ingredients!
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the nut butter and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the coconut flour one tablespoon at a time until a thick, smooth dough forms. If your nut butter is relatively thick, you’ll likely need about 2 tablespoons. If your nut butter is runnier, you’ll need closer to 4 tablespoons.
- Lay out the pretzels on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roll the nut butter mixture into teaspoon-sized balls and place on a pretzel. Place another pretzel on top of the ball and press down, making a pretzel sandwich with the dough ball in the middle. Repeat until all of the nut butter mixture is used.
- Place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for a minute. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip half of each pretzel sandwich in the chocolate, letting the excess drip off before placing back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all have been dipped.
- If desired, sprinkle with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still warm.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: peanut butter, pretzel, chocolate, no bake, grain free, gluten free, vegan