Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Pie
This Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Pie makes for the best holiday dessert! With just SIX ingredients, it’s simple to make and irresistibly delicious. Thank you to Simple Mills for sponsoring this post.
Time for you to meet the new love of my life – chocolate peppermint pie. The easiest, dreamiest chocolate pie around, and it happens to be gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
It’s also made SO quickly and easily with just S I X ingredients. The chocolate filling is lusciously creamy with a hint of peppermint. The chocolate brownie crust is made with just two ingredients- and it’s dangerously good.
This chocolate peppermint pie was made for your holiday parties. It’s a shiny star that’s sure to impress and no one would guess how simple it is. They wouldn’t care, because they’d be so busy chowing down.
How do we make this chocolate brownie crust?!
Let me start by saying two things – this is one of the best crusts I’ve ever had and also one of the easiest.
That’s all in thanks to one thing – Simple Mills Brownie Mix. Holy cow. It is fantastic. To make the crust, we mix the brownie mix with melted coconut oil. That’s it. It’s pressed into the pan and baked until crispy.
The result? Tastes just like brownie brittle. It’s sweet, crunchy, has little chocolate chips in it, and is firm enough to slice cleanly. Total perfection and the brownie mix makes it so ridiculously easy. You can find it at Whole Foods!
The brownie crust would taste good just as is…but then we add the filling, and it gets even better !!!
For the chocolate peppermint filling…
It’s a simple combination of four ingredients! We’re using:
- Dark Chocolate
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- Almond Butter
- Peppermint Extract
Optionally, you can add vanilla extract in addition to or instead of the peppermint extract, and a pinch of salt, if your nut butter isn’t already salted.
Once the filling ingredients are melted together and smooth, I recommend tasting and adding a little extra peppermint if desired. Then pour the chocolate filling into the brownie crust, and the hardest part begins: waiting for it to firm up.
After a few hours in the fridge, your chocolate peppermint pie is ready to garnish and serve! You’ve got some options when it comes to decorating your pie…keep it simple as I did, or do something a little different. Here are a few ideas to top your pie:
- Chocolate shavings
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Whipped coconut cream
- Chocolate drizzle
- White chocolate drizzle (make sure it’s dairy-free to keep vegan)
However you garnish it, this recipe will be a hit…and no one will guess how easy it was for you to make! The filling is lusciously creamy with a hint of peppermint flavor, and the chocolate brownie crust will have you taking bite…after bite…after bite. SWOON! Enjoy :D
If you love this recipe, you’ll also love these:
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Gluten-Free, Paleo & Vegan
- Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Gluten-Free, Paleo & Vegan
- Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups Gluten-Free, Paleo & Vegan
For the crust
For the filling
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a pie dish (not deep-dish) with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Simple Mills Brownie Mix with the coconut oil. Stir to completely combine them. Once combined, press evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. I like to use a flat-bottomed measuring cup to help press it flat.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is firm. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
For the filling
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring coconut just to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk mixture over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then whisk until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the almond butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and salt, if using.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Shake gently to even out the filling and pop any bubbles.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to firm up completely.
- Once firm, garnish as desired. I used chocolate shavings and chopped candy canes, but you could use coconut whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, or anything else you’d like!
- Serve chilled and keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.