These Peanut Butter M&M Rice Krispie Treats are a easy, delicious twist on the classic Rice Krispie Treat. You’ll love the flavors in here, and the recipe comes together quickly and easily in the microwave.
Apparently I don’t eat as much as I thought. At the beginning of the year, my mom bought me the medium meal plan, talking about how “we can always buy more if we need too!” That was entirely unnecessary. Starting off the year with $580 Dining Dollars, I was left with $296 last Thursday. What?
Since my school only lets us transfer $25 over to next semester, I headed over to The Cellar, the school’s quasi-grocery store and stocked up on everything I could find. Among the massive amounts of food I bought was a ton, and I mean a ton, of candy. Currently sitting on my shelf is a box with at least 50 different candies in it. Too much? Not for me. Obviously, all that candy will find its way into baked goods.
I started using it last night. Reese’s went into brownies extremely similar to these Candy Baked Brownies and since I had Rice Krispies and marshmallows in my room, I thought why not some peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats with peanut butter M&M&#
039;s thrown in? Lord knows I had enough peanut butter M&Ms. These whipped up so quickly and tasted so good, such an easy twist on the traditional Rice Krispie Treat. Throw these in your kids lunch boxes, whip them up to share them with your dorm-mates and get them through finals week, or give them to your coworkers – they’ll be enjoyed! So, what to do with my last $60?!
P.S. These would also be super cute with the holiday M&Ms in them. I would fully support anyone’s decision to do that.Print
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 package large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 1.63 ounce packages peanut butter M&Ms
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan. In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows for 1 1/2 minutes or until marshmallows have puffed and butter is melted. Stir well.
- Stir in the peanut butter until completely combined. Stir in Rice Krispies. When completely combined, fold in M&Ms and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and press evenly into pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
Keywords: rice krispies, no bake, peanut butter, chocolate, m&ms, dessert, snack, bars