Only three ingredients in the recipe for these delicious Chocolate Peppermint Truffles! The chocolate peppermint cookie truffle filling is creamy and refreshing. These will fly off the dessert plate.
As the holidays approach, time seems to fly by and panic settles in as we try to finish all the errands that need to be completed. What the holidays really are about though, is family. Spending time with one another, giving and receiving from the people who love you most in the world. Whether it’s your drives-you-crazy siblings, your nagging mother, your sweet grandfather, or your 5th cousin who you haven’t seen in 8 years, holidays are a time to show the love you feel for one another. What better way to show someone you care than with candy…homemade candy at that?
In this busy time of year, these are easy and fun to make. Kids can help form the balls and decorate, creating a fun activity for the kiddos on break. And trust me – you’ll enjoy the benefits. These are minty, smooth, delicious, and absolutely gorgeous. Easy and impressive? Perfect for this time of year…or any time of year!
Grab the THREE ingredients (yes, only three) and take some time to spend time with your family and whip these together. If you’re in the giving mood, throw some in a pretty box and
deliver them to a neighbor, family member, or coworker. They’ll be grateful. Treasure this time of year, sing some carols, have a wonderful holiday season, and enjoy these truffles!Print
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 16 ounce box Trader Joe’s Candy Cane JoJo’s or mint-flavored Oreos
- 1 10 ounce bag of white candy melts
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- In a food processor, grind cookies until they are a fine powder. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and Oreos until no white streaks of cream cheese remain.
- Shape into about 40 tablespoon-sized balls. Place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes. They can be refrigerated up to overnight.
- Melt white candy melts and dip truffles. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to set.
- If desired, sprinkle on sprinkles before the outside sets or wait until they are set and drizzle on dark chocolate. Keep refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: truffles
Keywords: truffles, chocolate, peppermint, trader joes, no bake, dessert