Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
These Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins are bursting with tart cranberries + orange zest and topped with a sweet crumble – you’d never guess that they’re vegan! This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
I don’t know about you, but I have been feeling the cranberry love this season. Since they’ve been in stock in the grocery store this season, I’ve had a bag in my fridge. I’ve been wanting to put them in everything going through my kitchen that’s needed a burst of tartness. Too often, cranberries are relegated to the Thanksgiving table in the form of cranberry sauce and maybe a few Thanksgiving leftover meals, and then they’re forgotten about until next Thanksgiving.
I’m not cool with it. And for that reason, I try to be generous in my use of cranberries as long as they sit on the grocery store shelves – that’s especially evident in these cranberry-packed brownies (they have fresh, dried, & chocolate-covered cranberries!).
I love the burst of brightness and freshness that cranberries add to baked goods…like they do in these cranberry orange muffins! These muffins are the bomb, and full of fresh + fruity flavor. They’re so soft and tender, you’ll be reaching for another one.
Let’s talk about these Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins!
These muffins have a fluffy crumb and they’re super soft. They’re also vegan! That’s right – no eggs, and no flax eggs either. In these muffins, a banana helps to replicate the texture of an egg and provide the moisture needed to make up for the missing egg. I couldn’t taste the banana at all, but it helped give the muffins a soft and fluffy texture.
For the liquid, I used Blue Diamond’s Almondmilk Cashewmilk. It’s a new addition to their line, and I picked up the unsweetened version. It has a super mellow, nutty flavor that I personally love – it’s delicious with cereal! It makes these muffins perfectly moist and keeps them vegan.
Orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg help develop the flavor of these muffins even more. The warm spices will make your kitchen smell like a dream while these are baking. These muffins are phenomenal eat warm from the oven, and nothing beats tearing into a warm muffin to reveal an inside with glistening cranberries, strands of orange zest, and a cinnamon-scented crumb. Except for, you know, eating said muffin.
I can never resist a crumble topped muffin, so I made a quick crumble with coconut oil and cinnamon to sprinkle over these. My only regret is not using more crumble – pack it on! You can never have enough crumble in my book :)
These will make any morning or afternoon snack a whole lot tastier, and they’d make a fabulous addition to any brunch table. These are a refreshing bite in the season full of cookies, chocolate, and decadence. Enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!Print
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Blue Diamond Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted (or vegetable oil))
- 1 large banana (mashed (about ½ cup))
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (about the zest of 1 orange)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
For the crumb topping
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flours, sugars, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add in milk of choice, coconut oil, banana, and orange zest and stir until just moistened. Fold in cranberries. Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Prepare streusel by combining all the ingredients in a separate bowl. Use your fingers to combine the ingredients and form course crumbles by working the coconut oil into the rest of the ingredients. Divide streusel evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.