This Coconut Macadamia Nut Granola is the perfect breakfast or snack. Paired with yogurt and berries, this is my favorite breakfast! This easy recipe is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
Granola is on and off one of my favorite breakfast foods. When I have it in my kitchen, homemade and delicious and packed with all my favorite things, I devour the stuff like it’s going out of style. This Coconut Pecan Granola definitely inspired that reaction, and last summer I probably made about 5 or 6 batches of it. But I definitely go through breakfast obsession rotations, and granola sometimes gets kicked to the back burner.
Well, this recipe sure has gotten granola back on it’s game. Oh! Nuts sent me some gorgeous, huge macadamia nuts and upon seeing them I knew I needed to make some tropical, summery granola. Clearly, that meant a heavy dose of coconut in my eyes – never a bad thing.
Of course, you can totally leave out the coconut shavings and the coconut extract if you’re not into it – but I wouldn’t mess with the coconut oil! It’s full of healthy fats, it’s way healthier than vegetable oil, and doesn’t leave a real coconut flavor.
I personally, am not a dried fruit person. I like it when it is on its own and I’ll grab an occasional handful of raisins or craisins, but please don’t put it in my food. Gross. I’m a firm believer that raisins should never be in cookies. However, if you like dried fruit in your granola, I highly recommend dried, chopped pineapple or mango, or even banana chips. Keep it tropical! Keep it fun! Keep it summery! Woo!
My favorite way to eat this is over yogurt, but keep it vegan with some almond milk or coconut milk yogurt – mmmm deliciousness. It’s filling and will definitely keep you satisfied until lunch. Best of all, it takes 5 minutes to mix up and 30 minutes to bake, so you’ll be eating it pretty darn quickly. Keep it stored in an airtight container and it’ll stay fresh for a while, if it lasts that long (doubtful).
Enjoy! And remember to let me know how you like it/what changes you made if you do make it, I love to hear how my recipes work for you all!
Coconut Macadamia Nut Granola
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats use certified GF oats to keep GF
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and macadamia nuts. In a smaller bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Pour mixture onto prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven and allow to cool entirely (I like to press mine down a bit right when it gets out of the oven so I get chunky granola, depends on your preference). When it's fully cooled, store in an airtight container for up to a month.