This Chocolate Berry Tart has vegan chocolate ganache in an almond flour crust, topped with fresh berries! This easy, impressive dessert recipe is Paleo, gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
Remember this Dark Chocolate, Coconut & Macadamia Nut Tart? If you don’t…go look. I’ll wait…
See it? Good. Well, after it got made by so many people I knew I needed to create a new version, while still keeping it delicious as well as paleo, vegan, and gluten free (not a very easy task). So this time around the paleo, gluten free, vegan tart block, I went summery. I got inspired by the gorgeous berries staring at me in the market, and knew I could create a gorgeous and damn delicious berry tart with them (not to be cocky or anything).
Because I’m a chocoholic, I kept the chocolate ganache in the tart, but I added a healthy dose of 100% raspberry preserves which added an amazing fruity sweetness to the chocolate. I then topped it with those gorgeous berries, and voila! Beautiful, healthy, and delicious.
The crust is the same as the original recipe, meaning it still has some coconut in it. But really – you can’t taste the coconut because it gets all ground up in the food processor. It just adds a lovely texture to the crust.
The used blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries on top, with raspberry preserves mixed into the chocolate, but you can use whatever fruit and fruit preserves that you want, or you could leave the preserves out. Strawberry would of course be amazing (hello, a chocolate strawberry tart?! Might be next on my to-do list), as would more tropical fruits like banana or mango. Yum!
The possibilities here are endless, and I do hope you’ll try it! If you do, make sure to let me know what you think (and if you make any changes, let everyone know how they turned out in the comments section!). Enjoy!
Chocolate Berry Tart (GF, Vegan, Paleo)
For the crust
- ½ cup 40g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups 190g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons 30g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons 30g maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
For the ganache
- 1/2 cup 120ml canned full-fat coconut milk
- 6 oz. 140g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves 100% fruit
For the topping
- Assorted fresh berries or fruit of your choice I used raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and shredded coconut until finely ground. Melt together coconut oil and maple syrup and add to almond flour and coconut mixture. Pulse until coarse crumbs form (dough should clump together when squeezed with fingers).
- Transfer dough to a greased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 12-16 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
For the ganache
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, just bring coconut milk to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in raspberry preserves.
To assemble the tart
- Pour warm chocolate mixture into cooled tart shell. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, and then arrange the berries (or whatever fruit you are using) on top as desired. Chill for at least one hour or until set and serve.
Recipe NotesIf keeping paleo/vegan, make sure you're using paleo/vegan chocolate, which can be found at most health food stores!
The recipe is a part of the Fast and Easy Paleo Recipes Link Party!