These Chocolate Raspberry Tartlets are super chocolatey bites – they have a chocolate shortbread crust filled with chocolate ganache and topped with a fresh raspberry. Satisfy your chocolate craving with one of these gluten-free, Paleo + vegan tartlets.
Is it just me, or is this year already flying by? I feel like we just started 2017, yet somehow we’re already creeping in on Valentine’s Day and before we can blink, it’s going to be Thanksgiving.
I remember when adults used to tell me to appreciate the time I had as a kid, because as soon as I grew up, time would fly right by. I would giggle and disregard it, wishing still for time to speed up until my next birthday or whatever. I should’ve listened.
Now, I wish I could slow time down, just a little bit. Seriously though – there’s so many more Valentine’s Day recipes I’m dying to make, and I just can’t fit them in before the big, romantic, chocolate filled day. So…they’ll be saved for next year, and for now, I’ll share these adorable tartlets instead.
Things are just cuter when they’re little, aren’t they? I have an obsession with tiny things, and whenever I see something that’s a smaller version of it’s normal size, it makes me squeee in delight. These little tartlets totally make me do that.
It’s just that they’re so cute and little…and you know, chocolate. These little guys do double chocolate duty: they’ve got a coconut flour-based chocolate crust and a super smooth and creamy chocolate ganache filling.
The crust, thanks to the coconut flour, takes on a texture similar to shortbread once it’s baked up. It’s got a little bite, and it’s not too sweet. It’s the perfect vehicle for that chocolate ganache, which is even more simple.
The ganache is a pretty classic chocolate ganache, with coconut milk used instead of traditional heavy cream. It’s super creamy and rich, and the texture pairs beautifully with the chocolate crust. To top it all off and cut through all the heavy chocolate, a fresh raspberry is placed on top.
I liked the look of just one raspberry on top, but if you want more berry goodness or if your berries are smaller, you can put two or three on top.
These chocolate raspberry tarts are just as delicious as they are cute and tiny, and they’re so easy to make too. They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, or really anytime that chocolate and raspberry is sounding good (which is always, right?). Enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Chocolate Raspberry Tartlets (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
For the ganache
- 6 oz. dark chocolate chopped
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 24-cavity mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Combine coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and room temperature coconut oil and mix until a large dough ball forms, pressing out any clumps of coconut oil. If you're mixing with a bowl and spoon (not a stand mixer), you may want to use your hands at the end to bring to dough fully together and make sure there aren't any lumps of coconut oil remaining.
- Divide the dough between the 24 mini muffin cavities and press up the sides. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until firm. Let cool completely before using a toothpick or knife to pop the cups out of the muffin tin.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, heat the coconut milk until it’s simmering. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute, and then whisk until completely smooth.
- Fill each of the cups with the chocolate ganache - you can do this with a spoon, or put the chocolate in a piping bag and pipe it in for a cleaner look. Top each of the tartlets with a fresh raspberry. Serve, and enjoy!
Want more chocolate berry treats?!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies (Gluten-Free + Paleo)
- No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart (Gluten-Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- Chocolate Berry Bars (Gluten-Free, Paleo + Vegan)