These Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies are delicious, fudgy chocolate cookies stuffed with a peppermint patty and topped with crushed candy canes and a peppermint drizzle.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I had an amazing Fakesgiving (my family missed Thanksgiving because we were in Barcelona) on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas day, I was spoiled with family, friends, presents, and delicious food.
Couldn’t have asked for a better holiday season!
Now, I’m up in Mammoth for a few days with my dad, dog, and best friend Paige to ski! It should be a fun week – but really cold! The snow is coming down hard.
Everything is blanketed in velvety white snow, and while it’s absolutely picturesque, it’s also freezing for a San Diego girl.
They’re a holiday cookie, and the recipe just couldn’t wait until I got home. The actual cookie is dense and chocolately, and everything a super chocolate cookie should be. The peppermint patty is nice, cool surprise, and the candy cane sprinkle and peppermint drizzle give it that little extra something that make it shine both in looks and taste.
These cookies are big, but they’re real good. I hope you’ll give them a try before peppermint goes back out of season! Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe New Years!
Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 18 peppermint patties
- Crushed candy canes optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to be sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the dough into 2.5 ounce portions (or divide into 18 equal pieces). Wrap each peppermint patty in one portion of the dough, covering it completely. It should be in a slight disk shape. Place on the prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with the crushed candy cane.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and enough milk to reach desired consistency. When the cookies are fully cooled, drizzle on the mixture. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Love from the Oven