Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Blondies
These Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Blondies have a super chewy, fudgy texture with the warmth of pumpkin spices and gooey, melted chocolate chunks. You’re going to love these healthier pumpkin bars!
I’ve been going pumpkin crazy…especially now that it’s officially autumn. Every year I’m shocked by how quickly it comes, and how quickly pumpkin season is upon us!
You know that I love my healthier pumpkin recipes and am adding new ones to the site every autumn. Ummm, this baked pumpkin cheesecake? Absolutely delicious pumpkin pancakes to start the day? All the PSLs with this pumpkin spice syrup? Can’t be beat.
So far this year, we’ve already got these Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars (omg so ridiculously good) and this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake (soooo creamy, and that caramel sauce 😍). And the next recipe, the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies you’ve been laying your eyes on, fits in wonderfully with the deliciousness we’ve got so far. In fact, these three recipes are SO GOOD I could probably just share these and you’d all be happily pumpkin-ed. But, you know I won’t just stop at these 😉
Before we get ahead of ourselves, we must discuss these easy and delicious pumpkin bars. They’re gluten free and vegan. The pumpkin serves as a perfect egg replacement here, adding moisture and chew to the blondies. These are a treat you could serve to anyone and they wouldn’t guess they’re healthier than the average treat.
Ingredients for gluten-free vegan pumpkin bars & substitution suggestions:
- Almond Butter: gives these pumpkin blondies such a rich texture and flavor! Any nut or seed butter works here, but I’d avoid peanut butter since its flavor would come through strongly.
- Coconut Oil: make sure it’s melted! Use refined for no coconut flavor.
- Coconut Sugar: you can substitute with any other granulated sweetener, but don’t replace with a liquid sweetener.
- Pumpkin Puree: the star!! I used canned, make sure it isn’t too water-y or it will make your bars too soggy.
- Vanilla Extract: for flavor, measure with your heart :)
- Almond Flour: use oat flour instead to make these nut-free!
- Coconut Flour: don’t replace this – it helps absorb any extra liquid from the pumpkin.
- Baking Soda & Salt: for texture & flavor.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: you can sub with an equal amount of pumpkin pie spice if preferred.
- Dark Chocolate: I like using freshly chopped chocolate chunks, but chips work too!
Is your pumpkin liquid-y? Cook it down over the stovetop until it’s nice and thick – it will give these pumpkin bars a much better texture and prevent them from getting soggy.
To prepare gluten-free pumpkin bars:
They’re easy to make in just 30 minutes!
- Combine the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Spread the batter into a greased and lined pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then slice into 16 squares.
I hope you will give these gluten-free & vegan pumpkin blondies a try – they’re one of my newest fall favorites! It’s seriously hard to beat the chew on these. I’d be embarrassed to tell you how quickly they disappeared from my apartment 🙈 enjoy!
Want more delicious pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
- Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones
- Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
These Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Blondies have a super chewy, fudgy texture with the warmth of pumpkin spices and gooey, melted chocolate chunks. You’re going to love these healthier pumpkin bars!
- ½ cup (128g) creamy almond butter, or other smooth nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted, use refined for no coconut flavor
- ⅔ cup (126g) coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (81g) pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons (24g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ozunces dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: pumpkin blondies, pumpkin bars, vegan pumpkin bars, gluten free pumpkin bars