These Chocolate Berry Bars have an almond flour crust topped with vegan chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries and blueberries. These dessert bars are beautiful, delicious, and better for you – they’re gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and Paleo.
I got a new camera! And these photos are the first photos I’m posting that I took using it. What do you think?!
I went pro, and bought myself the Canon 6D and the 100mm f/2.8L Macro Lens (those are affiliate links). It cost a whole lot of money and it sort of hurt to pay it, I was due for an upgrade and I’m glad I splurged and got a really great camera and lens. I still barely know how to use it, but since I’m coming from another Canon (the Rebel T3 – discontinued, here’s the newer version; and 50mm f/1.8 lens), the learning curve isn’t too steep.
I was struggling when I was trying to photograph with the new camera when I was at my dad’s in San Diego, but once I got home and back to my set up, I’ve been able to figure it all out pretty quickly.
The Chocolate Berry Bars are also a beautiful subject, so it was hard to do them wrong – I just had to capture the natural beauty of those berries! As much as I love sprinkles, some of the most beautiful desserts I’ve posted have raspberries as the star. Case in point: no-bake chocolate raspberry tart, chocolate berry tart + mocha raspberry cake).
These bars are as delicious as they are beautiful! The bottom layer is an almond flour crust that lightly crunchy and sweetened just enough to completely the bittersweet chocolate. The chocolate layer uses coconut milk to create a luscious and creamy vegan chocolate ganache, and then fresh berries are arranged on top of the chocolate ganache.
I opted to use raspberries and blueberries, but any other kind of berry that you prefer or have on hand would be great. After letting the bars set in the fridge for about an hour, cut into sixteen squares and enjoy! These will satisfy any chocolate craving, and you can enjoy them pretty guilt free thanks to their gluten-free/vegan/refined sugar-free/Paleo status.
Whip up a batch of these and keep them stored in your fridge or freezer – you’ll be happy to have them when a late night chocolate craving hits. Enjoy :D
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Chocolate Berry Bars (Paleo + Vegan)
For the chocolate layer
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- About 1 cup of assorted fresh berries I used raspberries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- In large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and toss to combine until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, just bring coconut milk to a boil (took about 30 seconds in my microwave). Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour warm chocolate mixture over cooled crust. Arrange the berries on top as desired. Chill for at least one hour. Cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife.