Don’t waste any parts of the carrot with this Easy Carrot Top Pesto! This vegan pesto uses a part of the carrot you might otherwise throw away, for a no waste recipe you’ll love.
- ½ cup nut or seed of your choice, I used pecans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon, zested + juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 3 cups of destemmed carrot tops
- ½ to 1 cup other fresh herbs, I used basil
- About ⅓ cup olive oil
- Combine all of your ingredients except the olive oil in your food processor or blender.
- Drizzle the oil in as you blend, scraping the sides as needed to get all it fully blended up. I like to make it pretty fine since carrot tops can be a little tougher than other herbs.
- Taste + adjust as needed. Use immediately, or transfer to a jar and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze for up to a year.
Keywords: carrot top, pesto, vegan pesto, no waste