Brown Sugar Apple Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
This Brown Sugar Apple Baked Brie is filled with apples and pecans, all wrapped in puff pastry for the most delicious appetizer, perfect for the holidays!
Baked brie is seriously one of my favorite things in the world, and with apples, pecans, and puff pastry…it’s ridiculously delicious!
Cheese is my ultimate food vice, especially melted cheese. Personally, I could easily demolish an entire wedge of brie by myself. It’s definitely one of my favorite cheeses, and when I was studying in London the Tomato Basil & Brie Sandwich from Pret a Manger was my favorite. I ate that sandwich at least twice a week, mostly because of all the brie. Ugh, it’s just too good.
Baked brie always reminds me of the holidays! My mom always makes baked brie wrapped in puff pastry, usually with apricot jam. It’s amazing, and I always end up eating far too much of it before Christmas dinner (never regret it, though!).
It’s really the perfect appetizer, and this Boar’s Head French Brie wedge is so dreamy-creamy and delicious. I love eating apples with brie, and it turns out baking them in with it was such a good idea! The apples bake down with brown sugar and pecans and make a caramel-y, sweet, creamy, crunchy, cheesy treat.
I served this brie to my friends with some sourdough bread and apple slices. I made two. My friends ate the first before I finished photographing the second one. The second one was gone about 2 minutes after it hit the table. Girls don’t mess around with their brie!
This is a super perfect appetizer to serve this fall, and into the holiday season! As is EVERY cheese ever – says the cheese addict. To create your perfect cheeseboard, head over to the Boar’s Head website and explore their delicious cheese selection! They have too many delicious things to choose from. You’ll have no problem picking the perfect cheese appetizers from their yummy selection. I guarantee, if you pick the brie – you, and your friends and family, will devour! Make sure to sneak a few bites before they eat it all ;)
Want more brie-filled appetizers?Print
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed for about 20 minutes
- 1 Boar’s Head Old World Delicacies™ Brie wedge
- 1/2 apple, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- Apples, crackers, and/or bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place puff pastry on the baking sheet. Slice brie in half horizontally, so you have two thinner wedges of brie. Place one wedge of brie on the puff pastry. Arrange apple slices on the brie, and then top with brown sugar and pecans. Press the second wedge of brie on top.
- Wrap puff pastry around the apple stuffed brie and press dough together to seal. Trim excess puff pastry, and flip entire thing over so that the seam is on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water. Brush the surface of the puff pastry lightly with the egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until puff pastry is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with bread, apples, crackers, or whatever else you’d like!
Keywords: baked brie, apple baked brie