These gluten-free & vegan Banana Blueberry Pancakes are thick, fluffy, and loaded with blueberries! Made in the blender, they come together quickly and reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time for a quick breakfast.
When you wake up late on a weekend morning, is there anything better than rolling out of bed for a breakfast of coffee & pancakes? It’s a ritual that feels indulgent, and I think it’s fair to say that enjoying pancakes on a weekend is a good form of self-love.
And when those pancakes are loaded with fresh blueberries, a ripe banana, and they’re gluten-free and vegan?? They’re a health food that also tastes like the most delicious of treats.
What’s in these Banana Blueberry Pancakes, you ask?
- Almond Milk, or any other nut/seed milk you’re into
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, which serve as the only “flour” for these pancakes
- Ripe Banana which adds sweetness, moisture and delicious banana flavor
- Pure Maple Syrup for a little bit of extra sweetness. You can skip this if you’re the type to drown your pancakes in maple syrup.
- Baking Powder, for fluffy, beautiful pancakes
- Ground Cinnamon, Sea Salt, and Vanilla Extract for super delicious warm flavors
- Apple Cider Vinegar for a little extra fluffiness (the acidity reacts with the baking powder and helps the pancakes puff up)
- Blueberries! I used fresh, but frozen will also work
You can make these Banana Blueberry Pancakes in just a few minutes. We just toss all the ingredients except for the blueberries into the blender and blend until smooth. Let it thicken for a few minutes, and then start griddling! I like plopping the blueberries directly onto the batter once they’re on the griddle so I can make sure they’re evenly distributed.
The cooking time to make the whole batch will depend on how big of a pan you use. If you’ve got a griddle, you can be done in 10ish minutes. Even if you’re cooking them one at a time, it still won’t take too long. Perfect for weekend mornings when you want food on the table STAT.
These Banana Blueberry Pancakes save well in the fridge too, so you can always make a double batch and keep some in the fridge to enjoy for the week. Hope you love these delicious, fluffy gluten-free and vegan pancakes as much as I do! Enjoy!
Banana Blueberry Pancakes
- ½ cup almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries
- To serve: coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes.
In a blender, combine the oats, dairy-free milk mixture, banana, maple syrup, baking powder, kosher salt, and vanilla and cinnamon if using.
- Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up.
While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan, and then add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Press a small handful of blueberries into the batter. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each pancake. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
Serve warm, with coconut cream, maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter!
If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Recipe yields about 6 to 8 pancakes, depending on size. Serves 2 to 3 people depending on how hungry you are! The nutritional info is for ½ the recipe.