These Vegan Tahini Cauliflower Steaks are oven-roasted until golden and crispy in a fabulous tahini sauce! These make for the perfect plant-based main or side dish. Gluten-free, paleo-friendly & Keto.
- 1 whole large cauliflower
- ⅔ cup (150g) tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat over to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone liner, or just grease lightly with oil.
- Use a large, sharp knife to slice the cauliflower into about 4 “steaks,” each about 1-inch thick. You’ll have some side pieces of the cauliflower that will likely crumble into florets – that’s okay. Save those, we’ll bake them too!
- To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, finely dice or grate the garlic and then whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for drizzling at the end. Pour the rest into a wide, shallow bowl that fits your cauliflower steaks.
- Dredge cauliflower slices into the sauce, covering both sides and shaking off the excess. Lay them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the cauliflower steaks are coated, stir the leftover florets into the sauce and place alongside the cauliflower steaks.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish or a main dish. I love serving with rice and greens. I mix fresh dill and lemon juice into my rice for maximum flavor. Drizzle with reserved tahini sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: tahini, cauliflower steak, cauliflower, vegan dinner, tahini sauce