These Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious! Made with gluten-free rolled oats, pumpkin puree, pecans, and chocolate chips, they’re the perfect gluten-free and vegan cookie recipe.
- ⅓ cup (66g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (122g) canned pumpkin puree, make sure to use pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling, see Notes
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg or regular egg, for flax egg: 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2.5 tablespoons water, whisk + let set for 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (148g) Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, see Notes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup (6 oz.) dairy-free chocolate chips, optional
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, canned pumpkin, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the flax egg or regular egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely smooth and combined.
- Add in the blanched almond flour, gluten-free rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt, if using. Stir until a dough forms and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks and pecans, if using.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour, or up to 48 hours. This helps the flavors develop and improves the texture.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner. Using a large cookie scoop (this one is my favorite), scoop dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving 2” between cookies. Press down on the cookies with the palm of your hand to flatten, they won’t spread too much. Garnish with additional chocolate and pecans, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy on the edges and baked in the center. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Don’t have pumpkin pie spice? Replace it with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger, and ⅛ teaspoon each cloves and allspice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan, pumpkin cookies, oatmeal cookies, pumpkin oatmeal, gluten-free cookies