These Vegan Monster Cookie Bars are made with gluten-free oat flour, peanut butter, rolled oats, and loaded with chocolate peanut butter candies! They’re quick and easy to make, and taste just like the Monster Cookies you love!
- ½ cup (128g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg or regular large egg if you’re not vegan (for flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Let gel for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour or ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup (48g) gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut chocolate candies, I use these from Unreal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks and candies.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American