This Toffee Caramel Cheesecake has a smooth and luscious caramel cheesecake filling that’s surprisingly easy to make. The cheesecake is topped with a gooey layer of caramel and toffee!
Phew – finals are done, and I’m finally home as of yesterday afternoon.Typical – the night before I came home, I woke up with the flu, and after an agonizing day traveling with the flu (it sucks and I don’t recommend it), I finally got home and slept from 2 PM until 9 AM this morning. 19 hours of sleep…think I was tired?!
Thankfully though, I woke up feeling so much better, and thank goodness. Now that I’m home, I leave for London in exactly 10 days. I have no idea how time or this semester has gone so damn quickly. Nevertheless, it’s almost the holidays, and I need to share with you an amazing holiday dessert. Really though, it’s a dessert for anytime you need some serious decadence in your life, and if the holidays aren’t the time for that, well then, I don’t know when is.
This cheesecake is made with my favorite kind of crust – graham cracker. It’s thick and rustic and so delicious. It provides the perfect base for the sweetness of this cheesecake! The cheesecake filling itself has caramel mixed into it and toffee bits swirled throughout – yum! Oh, and it’s all topped off with caramel sauce that drips everywhere and more toffee bits. It’s the ultimate in decadence. It’s creamy, delicious, sweet, and rich – everything a good cheesecake should be!
I’m keeping this post short and sweet so I can get back to the kitchen to make some more holiday treats to share with you all before I depart for my Euro-adventure! Happy holidays (and happy holiday baking)!Print
- 2 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 16 oz. cream cheese (2 8 oz. blocks, room temperature)
- 1 can (14 oz. sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Salted Caramel Sauce)
- 1 cup caramel sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Salted Caramel Sauce, slightly melted for easier pouring)
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. Press evenly in and up the sides of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle toffee bits evenly over crust. Set aside while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake
- In bowl of stand mixer combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, mixing on low speed until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, until combine. Add vanilla and caramel. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool cheesecake for 30 minutes on wire rack. Slightly loosen cheesecake from pan by running a knife around the edges. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, garnish by pouring caramel sauce over the top and sprinkling with toffee bits.
- Keep leftovers tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.