This Strawberry Crisp with Almond Butter Crumble is an irresistible pairing of fresh strawberries and a lightly-sweetened, rich and crispy almond butter cookie crumble. You won’t be able to resist this gluten-free, paleo, and vegan dessert.
You guys…I can’t even with the small talk today. Too excited about all things strawberry and almond butter !!! This dessert gets me seriously giddy.
I have a major thing for fruit crisps and crumbles.. Everytime I make one, it’s dangerous because I just can’t seem to stop myself from devouring them…which is why I tend to make them in smaller sizes (this recipe serves 2-4 for dessert, depending on how hungry you are).
I’m especially prone to devouring them when they’re made with some of the season’s freshest fruit, and topped with an irresistible crumbly topping.
This one checks all my “perfect crumble” boxes. The strawberries right now in San Diego can’t be beat. They’re sooo sweet and juicy, I’ve been having a hard time putting themi in baked goods because they’re SO darn tasty on their own.
Once I managed to part with them and tuck them into a crisp, the reward was SO worth it. That natural sweetness of the strawberries shines through, and is only enhanced their time in the oven. Because the fresh, local strawberries are so naturally sweet, only 1 tablespoon of maple syrup is needed to highlight their flavor.
You can bake this crisp is a small 6″ cast iron pan like I did, or you can divide it into ramekins for individual desserts. Alternatively, you can multiply the recipe by 2 and make it in an 8×8 pan if you need to serve more people.
Once your fruit is piled into your pan of choice, it’s time for the other star of the show: almond butter cookie crumble!!! Holy cow, I could eat this almond butter cookie crumble ALL DAY LONG, on everything.
The almond butter crumble bites melt in your mouth, and perfectly complement the fresh sweetness of the cooked-down strawberries. It’s simple to stir up and I’ll bet you want to put it on everything – I’m already dreaming up new treats to put this crumble on! I won’t blame you if you’re caught picking crumbles off the top ;) not that I did that or anything…
You could also use peanut butter here (if you’re not paleo) and get something deliciously reminiscent of PB&J. Swoon! You’ve got to give this one a go soon…enjoy! :)
Feeling the strawberry love?! You’ll go nuts for these strawberry-filled treats…
- You’ll definitely devour this Paleo + Vegan Strawberry Cobbler.
- Get your chocolate fix for breakfast with this Chocolate Strawberry Granola.
- These Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies are sweet, fresh, and irresistibly delicious.
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Strawberry Crisp with Almond Butter Crumble (Paleo + Vegan)
For the strawberry filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 6” cast iron skillet, small baking dish, or two or three ramekins by greasing with a bit of coconut oil and setting on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and tapioca flour. Stir to combine. Pour the fruit into the prepared pans, dividing evenly if using more than one ramekin. Dollop the almond butter on top, and toss gently to mix it in just slightly.
- In a different bowl, combine the ghee, almond butter, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix until smooth and then crumble over the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the strawberries are bubbling and the crumble is firm and lightly browned. Serve with whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of almond butter.