These Peppermint White Chocolate Pretzel Bars have a salty-sweet pretzel crust, a sugar cookie-style bar that’s loaded with peppermint and white chocolate, all topped with melted white chocolate and more peppermint! These celebrate winter in the most delicious way possible.
…seriously though, how did we get here already?! It’s almost CHRISTMAS! And HANNUKAH! I’m a lucky kid who grew up celebrating both, one with each side of the family. I have amazing, special traditions I associate with each, and one of the things I love most about this time of year is getting to spend time with my family.
But, I’m still utterly in shock of how it’s December already, and that I’m currently finishing up the first semester of my senior year of college, meaning I’m about to start my LAST (ever) semester of college. How did I get here so quickly? Not to have a major freak out on my food blog, but “real life” is approaching at ever-increasing speeds, and I need to figure out: 1) where to live, 2) what to do.
Instead of dealing with that though, I’m drowning myself in cookie bars. Specifically, chewy sort of blondie, sort of sugar cookie style bars studded with peppermint chips and a bar of chopped white chocolate (!!!), topped with even more creamy dreamy white chocolate, all sitting on a pretzel crust for an irresistible sweet-salty holiday treat.
I found those super cute holiday shaped pretzels at Target and couldn’t resist getting them to decorate these bars with!! The pretzel crust takes these bars from great to amazing. I’m all about the salty-sweet baked good, and the salty pretzel crust adds just enough saltiness to balance the sweetness of the white chocolate. The peppermint in there just ties it all together.
These are so so fun and perfect for the holidays. They’re a little bit different, but still utterly delicious. They’re sure to be a new favorite! Happy holidays, everyone!
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed (measure after crushing)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4.25 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz white chocolate (4 oz. chopped into small chunks + 4 oz. melted)
- 1 cup Andes peppermint chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment, pray with nonstick cooking spray or grease with butter. Sprinkle crushed pretzels evenly in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugars and stir until completely combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Once combined, gently fold in the white chocolate chunks and ½ cup Andes peppermint chips.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-26 minutes or until very lightly browned on top. You want the cookie bars to be soft, so careful not to overbake. Allow the bars to cool completely.
- Spread with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Andes peppermint chips and more pretzels, if desired. Let chocolate cool. Cut, and serve.
- Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days and in the refrigerator up to 5.
Like this post? Check out these other favorites!