This Peppermint Skillet Brownie, loaded with chocolate, peppermint chips, and Candy Cane Kisses, is the perfect decadent treat to share with friends this winter! Best served warm with ice cream.
The skillet returns once again! After the wild success of my first dessert in a skillet (See: Salted Caramel Filled Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookies), I had to do another version. A brownie version, full of fudgy chocolate, that would taste amazing warm covered in ice cream and hot fudge.
Oh yeah. This peppermint skillet brownie succeeded with flying colors. To make it all more fun and seasonal, I threw in some Andes peppermint chips and some chopped up Candy Cane Kisses. Getting a spoonful of gooey brownie with a giant chunk of melted Candy Cane Kiss was absolute decadent dessert bliss.
For this brownie, I use a scaled down and slightly-altered version of my favorite brownie recipe. This brownie tastes delicious warm, straight out of the oven, and as it cools it gets ultra fudgy, but stays soft in the middle, and chewy on the edges. So, if you manage to have any left, the resulting brownies are super delish!
These brownies have a triple dose of peppermint between the peppermint extract, the Andes peppermint chips, and the Candy Cane Kisses. If you don’t want the brownie itself to be minty, skip the peppermint extract and let the mix-ins add that fresh peppermintiness (new word?).
This dessert is so simple, rich, and perfect for sharing with your friends or family. Serve it at the end of a meal for a holiday treat everyone will remember. Tis’ the season for decadence, peppermint, and chocolate!Print
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Andes peppermint chips
- 10 Heyshey’s Candy Cane Kisses (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 6-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter until completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars and whisk until completely combined. Add in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extracts and stir until combined.
- Stir in the salt, cocoa powder, and flour. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible. Gently fold in chocolate chips, Andes chips, and Candy Cane Kisses.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Serve warm with ice cream and hot fudge!