Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola is crunchy, flavorful, and incredibly delicious – you definitely won’t miss the oats! This gluten-free, Paleo and vegan granola makes the perfect breakfast or snack. This post is sponsored by Noosa.
I’ve told you guys soooo many times about my favorite breakfast: yogurt, granola, and berries. I could eat it pretty much everyday – it’s one of those meals I just don’t get sick of.
One of the reasons I probably don’t get sick of it is the wide variety of yogurts and granola I can use. So many delicious flavor possibilities! The options are pretty much endless – as well represented by the wide variety of granola recipes on my site.
Usually when I run out of a batch of granola, it’s inspiration to create a new recipe, with new flavors. Sometimes the inspiration comes from delicious yogurt instead though!
When the folks over at Noosa offered to send me some of their new tart&sweet flavors, I jumped at the chance because I LOVE Noosa yogurt. It’s incredibly creamy and has these scrumptious ribbons of jammy, fruity goodness swirled throughout.
Their newest flavors are NO exception. They’ve got Orange & Ginger, Strawberry & Hibiscus, and Pear & Cardamom – SWOON ❤️! My mom was coming over the day I made this granola, and we had a little taste test to see which flavor was our favorite.
The Strawberry & Hibiscus was deliciously creamy and a little tangy, with a sweet berry taste – definitely had a little tropical twist. The Pear & Cardamom a little sweeter and wasn’t as tangy, but was still incredibly delicious with that hint of cardamom – it was the perfect combo of sweet and spice. The favorite of the day, though, was the Orange & Ginger. It was super tangy and flavorful – my mom compared it to a tangy creamsicle! You could absolutely taste the tree-ripened oranges and freshly minced ginger in there.
The day’s favorite, the Orange & Ginger, also served as inspiration for this Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola! Oh man, they complemented each other nicely. The creamy, tangy yogurt paired with the crunchy, flavorful granola was a match made in HEAVEN.
This granola is grain-free, so the base doesn’t have any oats. Instead, we’ve got a mix of nuts, seeds, and flaked coconut which helps make this granola super filling. It’s flavored with orange zest for a bit of tang, along with ground ginger and cinnamon for warmth. It’s only lightly sweetened with a bit of maple syrup.
After it’s baked low and slow to get delightfully crispy, it’s tossed with a bit of chopped crystallized ginger and some dried cranberries. The crystallized ginger isn’t Paleo-friendly since it is sweetened with sugar but it adds a nice burst of flavor and some chew – you make the call whether to include it or not :)
I sent the Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola home with my mom, and she brought it to work. She put it out with all the “grain-free, gluten-free, Paleo + vegan” labels, expected everyone to pass it up and she’d come home with a bunch of granola.
Instead, I got a text at 9am telling me it was a big hit, and that “everyone’s obsessed”. She was bummed they ate it all, and there was none left for her to bring home…but I guess that makes a winner! If you’re a granola person, you’re going to adore this crunchy, clustery, warm, and SUPER flavorful grain-free recipe.
Oh, and the kind folks over at Noosa also gave me a coupon code to share with you so you can try their new flavors – click here to get $1 off. Make sure to grab the Orange & Ginger to devour with this granola ;) enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola
- 1½ cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw cashews roughly chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest from 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger chopped (optional - this has sugar in it)
- 1 cup dried cranberries make sure they’re sweetened with juice concentrate instead of cane sugar to keep refined sugar free!
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF and line a baking sheet (or 2, if they're smaller) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, flaked coconut, and chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond or cashew butter, vanilla extract, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and kosher salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until all the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, turning the pan every 20 minutes and mixing to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven and press down slightly to help form clusters, and then let cool completely without disturbing to help the clumps form. Toss in the crystallized ginger and dried cranberries.
- Store in a sealed container or bag at room temperature for about a month.
This post is sponsored by Noosa Yogurt and as always, all opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands that support Bakerita.