Thos Easy Honeynut Squash Soup is super simple to make — just roast the vegetables until golden and blend! This blender soup recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and Whole30-friendly. Only 8 ingredients!
- 2 medium honeynut squashes
- 1 large shallot, peeled & quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled & quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil of choice
- 5 medium garlic cloves
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ to 1 cup vegetable broth or water, depending on how thick you like it
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve your squashes and scrape out any of the seeds and stringy insides. Quarter the shallots and onions.
- Place on the prepared sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, making sure to coat the inside of the squash. Lay the squash cut-side down and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and a knife cuts through easily. After 15 minutes, flip the onions + shallots, and add the garlic to the baking sheet.
- Remove from the oven, and scrape the soft squash from its skin. Place in a high-powdered blender, along with the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t have a blender, you can do this with an immersion blender in a saucepan as well, but a standing blender will make it smoother.
- Blend until completely smooth, adding a little extra broth or water to get to the consistency you like. Add salt, pepper + herbs to taste.
- If your blender has a soup setting, turn that on and let it run until your soup is hot and steamy. Sometimes high-powdered blenders, like a Vitamix or Ninja, won’t have a soup button but will heat the soup if you run the blender for a few minutes – consult your manual for instructions. If your blender does not have a setting like this, transfer to a saucepan and heat over the stove.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil or coconut cream and/or toasted pepitas for a bit of crunch! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1½ cups
Keywords: honeynut squash, butternut squash, vegan soup, blender soup, vitamix soup