20+ Homemade Granola Recipes
The only 20+ Homemade Granola Recipes you will ever need! A roundup of my favorite granola recipes, all perfect to prep for breakfast or serve as a snack. They’re all gluten-free and refined sugar-free with plenty of vegan and grain-free options as well.
This granola roundup has been a long time coming! Homemade granola is something I prep super often because I love having it on hand. It’s the best snack to have for a quick breakfast option! Plus, there are SO many different flavors you can create like crunchy coconut, chunky chocolate, and gingerbread cookie to name a few… :)
I couldn’t believe the number of homemade granola recipes on my site and am so excited for you to find one you love! Did I mention these are all gluten-free too? There are plenty of vegan, grain-free, and paleo options depending on your dietary preferences. I promise granola is super simple to make too, the hardest part is letting it cool to let the crunchy clusters form but it’s 100% worth it :)
Tips for the best granola
- It’s easy to substitute in granola, so feel free to switch in your favorite nuts and seeds for any of the ones called for in the recipe. As long as the ratio stays similar, your granola will still work out!
- Don’t cook granola on too high of a temperature. The key to a good granola is cooking it low and slow, otherwise the edges will burn while the center isn’t fully dried out yet. You may be tempted to speed things up by baking for less time at a lower tempature, but try to resist!
- If you want big granola clusters, try not to stir the granola too much while it’s cooking, and once it comes out of the oven, let it cool completely before mixing it up so that the granola clusters have time to form.
- If you’re wanting to add dried fruit, don’t add it until after the granola is baked, otherwise it will get very hard.
1. 5 Ingredient Grain-Free Granola
This 5-Ingredient Grain-Free Granola is the perfect simple granola recipe, minus the grains! It uses nuts and coconut in place of the oats to make a filling and delicious vegan & paleo granola.
2. Easy Chocolate Granola
This Easy Chocolate Granola is a simple, gluten-free, and vegan recipe that’s made with just 8 ingredients! It’s perfect served with dairy-free milk, sprinkled over yogurt, or eaten by the handful.
3. Vegan Coconut Pecan Granola
This Coconut Pecan Granola is flavorful, crunchy, and just lightly sweetened with maple syrup. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan granola is perfect for stirring into your yogurt, serving with milk or eating on its own as a snack.
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola is the perfect indulgent breakfast or snack. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar-free, and it tastes like dessert that you can have for breakfast!
5. Blueberry Almond Grain-Free Granola
This Blueberry Almond Butter Grain-Free Granola is an easy and satisfying gluten-free, vegan and paleo granola recipe that makes the perfect breakfast or snack. It’s made with simple, wholesome ingredients and is loaded with filling nuts and healthy fats to keep you satisfied.
6. Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Granola
Chocolate Strawberry Granola is healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but it’s so delicious you’ll want to have it for dessert too! This simple and easy granola recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free, and it’s loaded with chocolate & strawberry flavor.
7. Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola
Orange Ginger Grain-Free Granola is crunchy, flavorful, and incredibly delicious – you definitely won’t miss the oats! This gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan granola makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
9. Gluten-Free Gingerbread Granola
This Gingerbread Granola is crunchy & full of clusters, with loads of warm gingerbread spices, molasses, and bits of chewy crystallized ginger. This gluten-free and vegan granola is perfect for breakfast, or to package up in a cute jar and give as a gift!
10. Vegan Maple Sweetened Quinoa Granola
This Quinoa Granola is a nutty, crunchy breakfast or snack option that’s packed with whole grains and protein. This maple-sweetened granola is gluten-free and vegan, with cinnamon and dried cranberries for flavor! The quinoa bakes up into delicious clusters.
11. Crunchy High Protein Granola
This crunchy Protein Granola gets a major dose of protein & fiber from a secret ingredient – lentils! This gluten-free & vegan granola is a delicious and filling breakfast or snack.
12. Vegan Gluten-Free Matcha Granola
This Matcha Granola has clusters of oats, coconut flakes, almonds, and pepitas tossed with earthy matcha powder. Whether you enjoy it over yogurt or by the handful, this gluten free and vegan granola probably won’t last long.
13. Chai Spice Granola
This Chai Spice Granola is a quick and simple granola recipe with tons of chai spice flavor. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
14. Chocolate Banana Granola
This Chocolate Banana Granola is super chocolatey with mashed banana and banana chips! This gluten-free and vegan granola makes a super addictive snack or breakfast.
15. Chunky Chocolate Cranberry Granola
This Chunky Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Granola uses a secret ingredient to keep it chunky, and is the perfect guilt-free DIY holiday gift! This granola is gluten-free, delicious, and perfect over yogurt in the morning.
17. Vegan Macadamia Nut Granola
This Coconut Macadamia Nut Granola is the perfect breakfast or snack. Paired with yogurt and berries, this is my favorite breakfast! This easy recipe is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
18. Cinnamon Vegan Granola from Nora Cooks
Delicious cinnamon maple sweetened granola from Nora Cooks! The perfect breakfast to prep for the week and enjoy with nut milk or coconut yogurt!
19. Oil Free Banana Bread Granola from The Banana Diaries
Healthy banana bread granola made with just 6 ingredients! Completely oil-free, nut-free, gluten-free and vegan!
20. Maple Cashew Cookie Granola Clusters from The Nutritious Kitchen
Crunchy Maple Cookie Granola clusters made gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free! The perfect afternoon snack or breakfast paired with fruit and yogurt!
21. Easy Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Granola
Meet my new favorite snack: Easy Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Granola! This granola tastes like a gingerbread cookie, with a soft, rich texture and a deliciously spicy flavor. This easy granola recipe comes together quickly and is perfect for gifting.
22. Grain-Free Banana Almond Butter Granola
This Banana Almond Butter Grain-Free Granola is a crunchy + filling gluten-free, paleo, and vegan snack, made without any grains or refined sugars! It makes the perfect yogurt or smoothie bowl topping, or just grab a handful to hold you over until your next meal
This Easy Chocolate Granola is a simple, gluten-free and vegan recipe that’s made with just 8 ingredients! It’s perfect served with dairy-free milk, sprinkled over yogurt, or eaten by the handful. Plus, 20+ other healthy granola recipes you’ll love!
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and nuts. In a measuring cup, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Pour over the granola mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press down with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through to help the granola bake evenly. When it is browned and feels dry to the touch, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for about 2 minutes until chocolate chips have melted, and gently stir in the chocolate chips to coat the granola. If desired, sprinkle a bit of flaky sea salt on top. Let the granola cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Keywords: gluten-free granola, vegan granola, chocolate granola, granola recipe